Bluetooth Call Transfer

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
taffy44
Re: Bluetooth Call Transfer

Post by taffy44 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 am

I am also having problems with this. I regularly use the Oooma for conference calls and being unable to transfer calls to bluetooth is extremely frustrating. please fix ASAP! I don't see why I should have to purchase another headset. :cry:

ronmwhite

Post by ronmwhite » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 am

lbmofo wrote: If this thing doesn't get resolved for you shortly, might behoove you to look into something like this:
viewtopic.php?t=9042#p63031
You won't be confined to within 30' of your Telo.
Thanks. I will have to consider purchasing additional equipment if this is not fixed soon. The problem is that their latest firmware upgrade broke existing functionality. Transferring a call is such a basic capability; I am surprised this was not caught in regression testing.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 am

Is the workaround I mention below not working for you? To be clearer, you'd:

1. Make or receive the call on the Telo Handset
2. After the call is connected, press the intercom button, and choose the Bluetooth headset from the list call.
3. Pick up the intercom call on your Bluetooth headset
4. On the Telo Handset, press "Menu" and select the 3-way conf option to bridge the Bluetooth headset with the call.
Bobby B wrote:Unfortunately the only workaround is to initiate a 3-way conference (under "Menu") after the you pick up the call on your Bluetooth Headset.
Bobby B

taffy44

Post by taffy44 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

Maybe the problem isn't clear.
It is not possible to pick up a call on the bluetooth headset. When I try to do this it lights up line 1 and line 2 and then locks up the system. The only way out of this is to reboot!!

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Bobby B wrote:Is the workaround I mention below not working for you? To be clearer, you'd:

2. Press the intercom button, and choose the Bluetooth headset from the list call.
3. Pick up the call on your Bluetooth headset
4. On the Telo Handset, press "Menu" and select the 3-way conf option to bridge the Bluetooth headset with the call.
Bobby B wrote:Unfortunately the only workaround is to initiate a 3-way conference (under "Menu") after the you pick up the call on your Bluetooth Headset.
(1) What's a list call?
(2) After the you pick up?

The writing seems about as careful as the testing done on the new release!

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 pm

2. Press the intercom button and then choose the Bluetooth headset from the list of devices.
3. Press the "Call" soft key.
4. Answer the call on your Bluetooth headset.
5. On the Telo Handset, press "Menu" and then select the "3-way conf" option to bridge the Bluetooth headset with the call.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

tegelad

Post by tegelad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 pm

What happens with the three-way call (per the procedure above) if you hangup the telo handset?

I am a new ooma guy (not new to voip) and am really intrested in getting the bluetooth option working (have the adapter and using a plantronics voyager pro+ with it ...) I spend "hours" daily on conference calls and really would like this :)

As for voip ... ooma is amazing ... it is the first unit voip wise that really works well with my T1 (no internet options available on the farm) ... and heavy traffic loads ....

cheers,

+-ADT

slim2169

Post by slim2169 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 pm

tegelad wrote:What happens with the three-way call (per the procedure above) if you hangup the telo handset?
It hangs up the call. I am not using a Telo handset myself, just an older tethered plantronics headset and it's a pain in the butt to have to go over to the telo base and hit both 1 and 2 to conference the call and then leave the plantronics off the hook the whole time I am on the call. Really ticks me off since I just bought all this stuff and right after setting it up Ooma breaks it so I can't do what I bought it for in the first place. And their support really seems to be lacking...

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

nn5i wrote:The writing seems about as careful as the testing done on the new release!
I agree that the text leaves a little to be desired. murphy was kind enough to do some editing.

However, I am surprised that a Southern gentleman would have such disregard for the intent and feelings of someone who has helped forum members as much as Bobby B has. What has happened to grace and respect?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm

southsound wrote:
nn5i wrote:The writing seems about as careful as the testing done on the new release!
I agree that the text leaves a little to be desired. murphy was kind enough to do some editing.

However, I am surprised that a Southern gentleman would have such disregard for the intent and feelings of someone who has helped forum members as much as Bobby B has. What has happened to grace and respect?
We're talking about performance of services by a person who is being paid to perform them, for a clientele who have paid for the services with good American bucks by purchasing a product from his employer. What has happened to professionalism?