Ooma can't dial out or received call.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
cyspawn
Ooma can't dial out or received call.

Post by cyspawn » Fri May 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello, I am a happy user of ooma for almost 1.5 years. Suddenly 2 days ago, it stopped working. I get the ooma dial tone, but can't receive or dial out. I am on ooma firmware firmware version 45073. I have done the follow troubleshooting steps:
1). power off both router and ooma device, waited 2 mins and bring them back up.
2). reviewing other forum thread, i went into http://172.27.35.1 ooma page and reset to use built in mac address.
===
Access your Ooma Setup pages using network cable connected to from your Ooma device's Home port to the wired LAN port of your Computer. After the computer reboot, type in http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser's window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet Settings. Internet Setting window opens. At connection type click on the down arrow and select Automatic. Clear out any data that is in the PPPoE Options: boxes.
Continue down the page and under INTERNET port MAC Address:, select Use Built-In.
Select Update.
Reboot the Modem, than when the Modem is done rebooting, reboot the Ooma Device, etc.
===
3). use an old fashion dial phone connect directly into ooma device, still can't receive/dial out calls. Got the ooma dial tone.

I suspect it might be ATT DSL blocking the ooma packet; although i been on att dsl for a while now and first time have this issue. Most of the time, a recycle of the ooma device does the trick for me. I am stumped this time.

i will bring the ooma device to another friend house and test it on cable modem maybe.

Any help is appreciated.

cy.

thunderbird

Re: Ooma can't dial out or received call.

Post by thunderbird » Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 am

cyspawn:
In the last couple of days another person had simular problems. In that case Ooma Moderator Norm Toy probably had something to do with correcting the problem from his end.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11621

You will probably have to call Ooma Customer Support the resolve the issue.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

cyspawn

Re: Ooma can't dial out or received call.

Post by cyspawn » Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Thunderbird:

Thank you for your reply. I resolved my issue after 3-4 hrs of testing. It turned out to be a bad port on my router, not ooma. I got lucky to put ping -t on this port from my laptop, i could see some packet timing out. Once i switch the port, ooma was happy.

cy.