Inbound Calls going straight to voicemail

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
JackTheReefer
Inbound Calls going straight to voicemail

Post by JackTheReefer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 am

I have a basic account. All my inbound calls are going straight to voicemail. I can call out without issue. Any ideas?

Unit is the Ooma Telo

highq

Re: Inbound Calls going straight to voicemail

Post by highq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 am

Is the envelope icon on the Telo blue or orange?

JackTheReefer

Post by JackTheReefer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

orange

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 am

Press and hold the envelop button until it turns blue again.

https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/

JackTheReefer

Post by JackTheReefer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 am

Fixed! Now I just have to move this out of reach of the munchkins. Thanks!

lifeisjake

Post by lifeisjake » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I am a new customer to OOMA. I have the basic plan. I am getting the same problem, however, my OOMA is showing all blue lights. OOMA is plugged into a GE 2.4 GHz cordless phone. The phone rings and goes directly to voicemail. When I pick up the phone, I just get a dial tone. I have no problems calling out except my touch pad does not always work. I cradle the phone and then the touch pad works fine. Can someone please advise?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 pm

lifeisjake wrote:I am a new customer to OOMA. I have the basic plan. I am getting the same problem, however, my OOMA is showing all blue lights. OOMA is plugged into a GE 2.4 GHz cordless phone. The phone rings and goes directly to voicemail. When I pick up the phone, I just get a dial tone. I have no problems calling out except my touch pad does not always work. I cradle the phone and then the touch pad works fine. Can someone please advise?
Cycle the Envelope button from blue to yellow, then back to blue anyway, and then test.

If that doesn't help, temporarily try using a different corded phone connected directly to the Ooma devices Phone port, and test. Make sure you remove power from the GE cordless phone base staton when testing.

Hint: I had a GE cordless phone set, and it conflicted with my Ooma Telo. I replaced it with a Panasonic DECT 6 Plus phone set, and haven't had problems since.

Some times your Ooma profile is "messed up" and you have to contact Ooma Support to have corrections made.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST