Second line question

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mz37lw
Second line question

Post by mz37lw » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:33 am

Scenario; I answer a call on my Ooma Handset. The call is for my wife who is upstairs. I want her to be able to pick up the extension and answer the call but she gets another dial tone. What's the procedure for accomplishing this?

thunderbird

Re: Second line question

Post by thunderbird » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 am

mz37lw wrote:Scenario; I answer a call on my Ooma Handset. The call is for my wife who is upstairs. I want her to be able to pick up the extension and answer the call but she gets another dial tone. What's the procedure for accomplishing this?
https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am

mz37lw wrote:Scenario; I answer a call on my Ooma Handset. The call is for my wife who is upstairs. I want her to be able to pick up the extension and answer the call but she gets another dial tone. What's the procedure for accomplishing this?
In that situation, I just use the flash function on the phone that is being picked up. The call will be joined and then you can hang up the Ooma. Or at least, that's the way my system works with my Panasonic handsets.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

doncam

Post by doncam » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:04 pm

I have the opposite situation. If my wife makes an outgoing call using the primary number, how can I make a concurrent outbound call on the second line? The '**1' doesn't seem to work although, I'm only on day two of this adventure.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:08 pm

doncam wrote:I have the opposite situation. If my wife makes an outgoing call using the primary number, how can I make a concurrent outbound call on the second line? The '**1' doesn't seem to work although, I'm only on day two of this adventure.
If Telo, you'd need a Telo handset. If Hub, you'd need a Scout.

mz37lw

Post by mz37lw » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:30 pm

thunderbird wrote:
https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132/
That's just not gonna happen.

mz37lw

Post by mz37lw » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:32 pm

kdmc69 wrote:
In that situation, I just use the flash function on the phone that is being picked up. The call will be joined and then you can hang up the Ooma. Or at least, that's the way my system works with my Panasonic handsets.
Good suggestion. Thanks. I'll try that. And here I thought a second line was pretty cool. :o