Battery

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
andyb60
Re: Battery

Post by andyb60 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:26 am

My battery also goes dead after about two day off the charger. I've already had three (3) replacement batteries sent to me and none of them work much longer than 2 days. There seems to be a problem with the batteries of with the phone itself. Ooma need a fix.

mtnmedic

Re: Battery

Post by mtnmedic » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm

drichar9 wrote:You can take your old battery to battery plus and they will put a new battery on your old connectors for about $20.00
That's good and all. But if you're out in the country and the nearest such place is three hours away, you're out of luck. No way I'm driving that far just for a battery.

daet

Re: Battery (perfect fit replacement)

Post by daet » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 am

The Telo Handset (HB1001) battery is a GP battery - model GP40AAAH3BMLZ. There are several replacements available for this battery with a male connector that fits the female socket on the phone. The replacement I purchased from Amazon has the exact same specifications - 3.6V, 700mAh as the original battery. Here's the link on Amazon:
GP40AAAH3BMLZ Replacement Cordless Battery

Total price for four batteries, including shipping, was $29.33. It is a the cheapest option I know off that doesn't require soldering the old connector on to a new battery.

Daet

P.S. Once the new batteries were fully charged, the handsets retain charge for several days off the charger. Prior to replacement, they would shut off after less than one hour off the charger.
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 am

daet wrote:Here's the link on Amazon:
GP40AAAH3BMLZ Replacement Cordless Battery
That looks right.

daet

Post by daet » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 pm

A few inconsequential differences - 1) the chord is slightly shorter (by about one cm), and 2) the connector is slightly different, but still fits the socket perfectly.

The connector worried me, until I realized that it would still fit into the socket perfectly with the same polarity without any modification.
lbmofo wrote:That looks right.
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

Cyberchat

Post by Cyberchat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 am

daet wrote:A few inconsequential differences - 1) the chord is slightly shorter (by about one cm), and 2) the connector is slightly different, but still fits the socket perfectly.

The connector worried me, until I realized that it would still fit into the socket perfectly with the same polarity without any modification.
lbmofo wrote:That looks right.
Daet,

Thanks very much for your tip on an alternate battery for the OOMA Handset. I ordered two of them, installed one, charged it overnight and its working great.

The batteries arrived in plastic cases marked as "Casio Replacement Phone Battery, CPH-464Q". So, this would be another part number to use to search for a replacement battery.

The battery is identical physically, the chord was the same length as the OOMA battery but as you stated the connector is slightly different but close enough that it works. It required a little more pressure than normal to insert the connector onto the pins but its straight forward to do. My only comment is that Users should observe the polarity of the wires (the Red wire goes toward the bottom of the phone) before installing the battery. There is just enough difference in the size of the connector on the CPH-464Q that it just might be possible to install the connector backwards, given the pressure required to insert the connector.
First year: Modem-->OomaTelo-->Router
Now: Modem-->Router-->OomaTelo
Ooma Premier, two phone numbers
Ooma Handset
AT&T DECT-6.0 two-line base with four remotes & headset