Cannot Add Google Voice Number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
peyerl
Re: Cannot Add Google Voice Number

Post by peyerl » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

It would be great if there was an option to manually enter my Google Voice number and have Ooma verify ownership of the number somehow. Similar to how Google verifies any new phone number users add to Google Voice

peyerl

Post by peyerl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:35 am

Any developments on bug 13340? Quickly approaching the end of my 30-day trial and currently planning to return the product. Customer support has been horrible!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am

peyerl wrote:Any developments on bug 13340? Quickly approaching the end of my 30-day trial and currently planning to return the product. Customer support has been horrible!
Most GV accounts, you can do it yourself but if you can't, why not email Bobby B so he can add it for you?

aicitman

Post by aicitman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 am

My account is working now. (I didn't add @gmail.com to username.)

gbb0131

Post by gbb0131 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

Still unable to add my google voice account. IE, Chrome or Safari.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

gbb0131 wrote:Still unable to add my google voice account. IE, Chrome or Safari.
Unfortunately bug 13340 is still causing some issues adding the Google Voice number on some accounts. You can email me your Google Voice phone number and Ooma number and I can add it for you manually while we work on a fix.
Bobby B

SWSovereign

Post by SWSovereign » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:11 pm

I just bought my Telo and activated it yesterday.

I'm having the same credentials problem with trying to set up Google Voice Extensions.

Bobby B, I sent you an e-mail yesterday asking you to add me manually but haven't heard anything back. Possibly, you didn't know who I was and wasn't expecting the e-mail from me and therefore didn't pay any attention to it?

cyberdog

Post by cyberdog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Bobby B wrote:
gbb0131 wrote:Still unable to add my google voice account. IE, Chrome or Safari.
Unfortunately bug 13340 is still causing some issues adding the Google Voice number on some accounts. You can email me your Google Voice phone number and Ooma number and I can add it for you manually while we work on a fix.
I sent you an email also with my info. I get the same errors.
thanks

JimRobillard

Post by JimRobillard » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 am

I have the same issue. I have a google apps account as well as a regular google email account. Neither account has special characters in the password or dual factor security. I can add the google voice number from the standard google account, but when I try with my google apps address and password I get a message saying that the service is unavailable. Coincidentally I received a message from Google saying that there was an attempt to log into my account from an unknown source which was blocked. It looks like google apps has an additional layer of security that is preventing access by Ooma. The security tab in my account management screen lists several applications that are authorized, but not Ooma. Is there a workaround for this?