Any ideas on blocking political calls.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
HotTub
Any ideas on blocking political calls.

Post by HotTub » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Anybody have any ideas on how to block the barrage of political calls that I am getting. This is only the start of these annoying calls. I'm blocking them one at a time as they come in but I think that will be a losing battle in the long run.
Most of them are coming from toll free numbers. Would be nice if I could block a complete telephone exchange like 800 or 888 exchanges. That would help.

lbmofo

Re: Any ideas on blocking political calls.

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm

The wildcard block feature has been requested by many in the Feature Request section. I think Ooma hears this loud and clear but not sure where it lands on the roadmap.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:11 am

As politely as possible, tell them that if they continue to call you, you will make a contribution to the opposing candidate or cause.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

kettledrum

Post by kettledrum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 am

I complained to the Attorney General of my state about robo calls. While the Attorney General refused to say these calls were illegal they contacted the political party making the calls and they agreed to take us off of their political calling list.