Callers can't dial voice mailbox extensions - (DTMF problem)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
thunderbird
Re: Callers can't dial voice mailbox extensions - (DTMF problem)

Post by thunderbird » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

glxyz:
Here is a responce for a simular DTMF issue: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12914&start=10

Ooma Moderator Dennis P. said the following in response to a question I asked about this issue:
"The issue described in those (this thread) threads appear to be carrier related issues and the user should call into our support line and we can try switching the route to that phone number to see if we can get the DMTF's to work".

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 am

Check the configuration in your cell phone to see if it has an option to send short or long touchtones.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Any date from Ooma when the DTMF problem will be fixed? Thanks

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:36 pm

I asked the following question to Ooma support:

Any date when inbound DTMF will be fixed? Thanks Paul

This is the reply:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care.

We're still not sure if it's possible to push the feature on current devices. But we will have a business-type of device coming out by late this year, hopefully, that should have inbound dtmf support.

-----------cut------

What do you think?

tenderfox

Post by tenderfox » Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm

I bought OOMA Telo in the end of April 2012 and got the same problem, not able to check the external answer machine remotely becuase of the DTMF problem. It's really a disappointment. I had expected that I could use my phone/answer machine exactly as before. Really disappointed!!! By reading the discussions here, it looks like this problem has been known for more than three years and has not been fixed even with latest hardware. It's hard to believe that.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri May 04, 2012 7:08 am

tenderfox wrote:I bought OOMA Telo in the end of April 2012 and got the same problem, not able to check the external answer machine remotely becuase of the DTMF problem. It's really a disappointment. I had expected that I could use my phone/answer machine exactly as before. Really disappointed!!! By reading the discussions here, it looks like this problem has been known for more than three years and has not been fixed even with latest hardware. It's hard to believe that.
Here's an interesting device at: http://www.sandman.com/wizard.html#DTMFToneGenerator

I'm not telling you to go out and purchase a $75 device, but it's an interesting device to check out.

If this device would work, then it probably means that the phone(s) that you are now using might have some kind of problem????

If someone does figure this out, be sure to post your findings in this Forum.

tenderfox

Post by tenderfox » Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 am

thunderbird wrote:
tenderfox wrote:I bought OOMA Telo in the end of April 2012 and got the same problem, not able to check the external answer machine remotely becuase of the DTMF problem. It's really a disappointment. I had expected that I could use my phone/answer machine exactly as before. Really disappointed!!! By reading the discussions here, it looks like this problem has been known for more than three years and has not been fixed even with latest hardware. It's hard to believe that.
Here's an interesting device at: http://www.sandman.com/wizard.html#DTMFToneGenerator

I'm not telling you to go out and purchase a $75 device, but it's an interesting device to check out.

If this device would work, then it probably means that the phone(s) that you are now using might have some kind of problem????

If someone does figure this out, be sure to post your findings in this Forum.
Thanks for the information. I'm using the same phones (for calling in and out) as before. The only change is switching from ATT landline to Telo box. So the phone should be OK. The online representative told me yesterday that the engineering team is working on the DTMF fix for the existing Telo hardware but offered no timeline when it will be fixed.