LACK OF RESPONSE FROM OOMA

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rewing
LACK OF RESPONSE FROM OOMA

Post by rewing » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 pm

I sent an e-mail inquiring about the status of porting my number about a week ago. NO RESPONSE whatsoever. It appears many posts I read on Amazon are true........once you buy a unit and pay for the premier services for one year in advance there is apparently no incentive to provide support. What is wrong with this company?

glecko

Re: LACK OF RESPONSE FROM OOMA

Post by glecko » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Have you picked up the phone to call their support line? I had a hard time getting my number ported, but I fault Cox more than Ooma.

If you're unhappy, just cancel the service and return the hardware where you purchased it.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:53 pm

"once you buy a unit and pay for the premier services for one year in advance there is apparently no incentive to provide support."
Absolutely 100% wrong. Ooma supports their product with the dedication of a new company. Just give them a call.
Hang around here in the forum, you'll see what I mean.

Wayne

scots

Post by scots » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm

I've never tried support via e-mail with ooma, but I've never had any problems with getting support when calling them and have even gotten assistance from ooma employees in these forums. I have no complaints on their support. The best thing about ooma support is that it's right here in the good ol' USA, not in some foreign country where you can't understand anything they're saying to you.

oomg

Post by oomg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm

rewing wrote:It appears many posts I read on Amazon are true........once you buy a unit and pay for the premier services for one year in advance there is apparently no incentive to provide support.
That certainly has not been my experience. I received my unit and set it up that day. After two days, I decided to opt for the Premier service. Except for being somewhat slow to port one number (and I really don't know who caused the delay), C/S has done everything I could expect. And remember, I had already signed up for the Premier service.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

skellener

Post by skellener » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 pm

rewing wrote:It appears many posts I read on Amazon are true........once you buy a unit and pay for the premier services for one year in advance there is apparently no incentive to provide support.?
Well that's not what happened with me. I got an email with the estimated time of the port and it did in fact go through 3 weeks later, which I also received an email for to confirm the port had gone through. A great experience (although 3 weeks is a long time to wait). Very happy Ooma customer.

sgs

Post by sgs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 am

I have never received a response whenever I have sent an email to ooma.
The phone support has been better - at least much shorter hold time and courteous reps. But at least in my case, it has not helped in fixing my issue. Two tickets have been opened but no solution yet. I am glad others have very positive experiences, but I can't say that yet.

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I second that. I sent an email about my porting request status (via the online form) about 5 business days ago and never got a response back.

I've also called a handful of times and in most cases, I got satisfying results.
sgs wrote:I have never received a response whenever I have sent an email to ooma.
The phone support has been better - at least much shorter hold time and courteous reps. But at least in my case, it has not helped in fixing my issue. Two tickets have been opened but no solution yet. I am glad others have very positive experiences, but I can't say that yet.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:21 pm

I sincerely hope you can return your Ooma core to whatever store it came from without any hassle.

My experience with Ooma has been stellar. My port is in process, and will take a while to complete. It has been over a month. Whenever I have called the porting number (the number on the LOA) someone from Ooma has answered in under a minute.

Good luck with your next product purchase, and I hope it delivers all you expect of it.
rewing wrote:I sent an e-mail inquiring about the status of porting my number about a week ago. NO RESPONSE whatsoever. It appears many posts I read on Amazon are true........once you buy a unit and pay for the premier services for one year in advance there is apparently no incentive to provide support. What is wrong with this company?

morecompdesign

Post by morecompdesign » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:25 pm

OOMA is the absolute WORST company in regards to customer service that I have ever experienced in my 40 years. Their equipment is substandard referring especially to their handsets. Even though it's paid for itself over the last 12 months, I would've rather paid double just to get through the year with some sort of SANITY!

I am not an irrational person posting slander. I have tried to get this fixed by calling their customer service/tech support 5 times only to get an agent that I can hardly understand as well as sit on the call during my busy day for well over 45 minutes and for the most part way past an hour only to never get any remedy or human response from their "Engineering Department".

Does OOMA really have an "Engineering Department"? Can anyone legitimately answer this question?

0 Stars and two thumbs down. Shame on you OOMA whoever you are!