NO DIAL TONE ON EXISTING PHONES

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
police5220
NO DIAL TONE ON EXISTING PHONES

Post by police5220 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 pm

PURCHASED NEW OOMA TELO ON JUNE 4, 2012, NUMBER PORTED, CANNOT GET A DIAL TONE ON THE REST OF MY HOME PHONES, WAS TOLD TO USE SPLITTER, DID THAT DID NOT WORK, SAID I NEEDED AN ADAPTER, SAID NO TO THAT, SAID I NEEDED TO GO TO THE JUNCTION BOX AND REMOVE RED AND GREEN WIRE..I HAVE GONE TO THE JUNCTION BOX, TOO MANY EXISTING WIRE FOR ME TO REMOVE, DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY ATT UVERSE CONFIGERATION. I HAVE CALLED 6 TIMES TO SUPPORT, PROBLEM UNRESOLVED. IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN TELL ME HOW TO GET A DIAL TONE ON MY EXISTING PHONE AND YES I ONLY HAVE A DIAL TONE ON THE OOMA . PLEASE HELP I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS. BY THE WAY THE OOMA SYSTEM IS LOCATED IN MY BASEMENT AND I CANNOT HEAR WHEN IT RINGS, THEREFORE I AM MISSING CALLS. SECURITY SYSTEM KEEP ME FROM REMOVING WIRES AT JUNCTION BOX. NEED RESOLUTION.
PLEASE HELP.

lbmofo

Re: NO DIAL TONE ON EXISTING PHONES

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

If you had Uverse phone service before, you must have a phone cord coming out of Uverse gateway/modem to one of your walljacks? If so, disconnect that phone cord from Uverse gateway and plug into the Ooma "phone" port. This should make your phones in the rest of the house work.

As for security system, did you know that your Ooma system may not work with security systems? But let's see if your phones get Ooma dialtone first.

Worst case, you get one of the multi-handset DECT 6.0 phone systems and connect the base to Ooma and put numerous handsets in other parts of your house (this is how most people have their home phones setup now).

police5220

Post by police5220 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 am

Thanks for your reply, unable to get the dial tone, but of course, I had to go and buy Dect 6.0 cordless phone, didn't want to do this, but I did. I am still frustrated that I am unable to use my original phones. Very UPSET.
Maybe I can get replies from some other source, to make this work for me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 am

Have you checked whether you have a phone cord connecting your Uverse modem to a walljack? If so, have you tried disconnecting that phone cord but instead connect Ooma's "phone" port to the same walljack?

bfallon

Post by bfallon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:26 am

I just ran into the issue of EVERYTHING working except no dialtone when attempting to make a call. The #1 would illuminate when a call was attempted, but nothing worked as far as receiving dialtone. I tried resetting the unit multiple times, resetting the Internet modem, unplugging the cables and reseating them without any luck. Just for the heck of it I removed the bluetooth adapter, reset the unti and voila dialtone started working again. Several months ago an attempt to get the bluetooth adapter working failed and for me it didn't provide any real advantages, so it wasn't used. All I can say is if you're not receiving dialtone and everything else is working try removing the bluetooth adapter if you have one.