Will my fax really still work?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
sleepyheadkc
Will my fax really still work?

Post by sleepyheadkc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 pm

We were gifted a Telo several months ago, but I've been hesitant to switch over to it because I'm afraid I'll lose my ability to fax. We have a Canon multifunction printer with fax capability (MX870), and my wife depends on occasional faxing -- both inbound and outbound -- for her business.

Am I being overly cautious here? What is the likelihood that Ooma won't be able to support our faxing capability?
Thanks

lbmofo

Re: Will my fax really still work?

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:08 pm

If you have it up and running, try it using dialing prefixes *99, *98.

bmccollum

Post by bmccollum » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:26 am

We've had an Ooma Telo for about 3 years now and have never had any issue faxing from one of several multi-function machines we've had in the house over that period of time. We don't even have to dial a prefix like *99 or *98 either. We just fax and it works, both incoming and outgoing. Good luck!

greened3

Post by greened3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:05 am

I have an old Brother fax machine which I could not get to work with Ooma. I just tried again using the suggestion to add a pause after the *98 and was able to successfully connect to the HP fax line and received the fax response successfully.