Just keeps rebooting. UNstable CS says its the net...

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
donscomp
Re: Just keeps rebooting. UNstable CS says its the net...

Post by donscomp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks Tbird.
Yes. That is the way I boot it. In that order.

I hooked back up. Even got dial tone for a second. Then it rebooted.

I then (again) unhooked the eithernet cable from the Internet of Ooma.
She went through the boot cycle. Center ooma symbol flashed. Slowly, then speeds up, and, well, this time has stayed blinking fast red for about 5 mins. 10 mins and all blue lights on and nic cable unplugged. center light flashing but still on......

15 mins
unplugged Oomas power
hooked eathernet cable to back in internet port.
unplugged Actiontec. Let sit 1 min and plugged back in...
Let it boot up.
Plugged in Ooma. Let it boot up. And it did all the way. Had dial tone. then it rebooted.
Booted back up and has been on for 5 mins.
Then rebooted after I checked tone.

If I go into the router/modem.
It shows Ooma 192.168.1.7
Device details as a bridge.
Dynamic
NO ports forwarded.

The only other thing plugged into the Modem / router is a server set to static.

The way it is now is like it was yesterday.

Rebooted a few times. got dial tone. Rebooted all lights blue. NO dial tone. Now just 1&2 lights blue and center logo flashing red.

Unplug cable at Ooma. Trash and mail light up blue.

Reboot with cable NOT connected to Ooma.
Reboots with all lights but center logo flashing red.

So NOW it almost seems like modem router?
So there are no ports opened. Should there be?

Very frustrating and now gota call Verizon (who I hate) to cancel phone. Even though number is ported.

I even tried to hook a eathernet cable to network side of Ooma from laptop. As soon as I hook the cable to Ooma it blinks. I was abble to get into the Ooma for a second. Then it would start flashing.

BTW
PhonePower test is
12.5 Mbps down
5.3 up
0.0% packet loss
0.5 ms jitter

This is the latest update.

Thanks
Don

donscomp

Post by donscomp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:24 pm

*****UPDATE*****

Well, it stayed hooked for a few. Its almost like once we start hitting the internet on the laptops it unhooks.

So. in the other room checking for dial tone every once in a while and static.
Webt and looked.
Line 1 & 2 blue with center flashing red.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm

donscomp:
While you are waiting for your replacement Ooma Telo:
If you want to eliminate your Modem/Router as the possible cause, take your Ooma Telo to a friend or relative's home and connect it to their Internet setup. Then see what happens.

Another thing your can try if you can get the Ooma Telo to boot to the Ooma dial tone long enough to do this procedure.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

donscomp

Post by donscomp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks Tbird.
So far. Havnt been able to get it back online.

Sorta boots up withOUT the eathernet plugged in but center flashes red. Once I hook up the cable. It just goes into boot seq.
Replaced factory cable btw.

You said "After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. "
This is pretty much what it does all the time.

QUESTION
Do I HAVE 2 lines? With the standard line that came with the Ooma and the # I ported over?

Guess I will wait for replacement.
Don

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 am

donscomp:
You have 90 days free trial Premier packate which includes two lines. But before 90 days is up, if you just want the basic one line package, you have to let Ooma know, or they automatically start charging you for the Premier package. If you just opt out for the basic package, you will only have one line.

See:
https://www.ooma.com/premier

donscomp

Post by donscomp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:17 pm

roger that.
ty Tbird.
I'll be back here at the end of the week when I get the replacement.
I hope it isnt the fios stuff.
Don

donscomp

Post by donscomp » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks again Tbird.
Got the replacement and all is well it appears.
Thank you for all your help.
Don

thunderbird wrote:donscomp:
You have 90 days free trial Premier packate which includes two lines. But before 90 days is up, if you just want the basic one line package, you have to let Ooma know, or they automatically start charging you for the Premier package. If you just opt out for the basic package, you will only have one line.

See:
https://www.ooma.com/premier