Anonymous Call Block Changed

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
sailcat25
Anonymous Call Block Changed

Post by sailcat25 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 am

I see the "Continuous Ring" selection is no longer available as a choice on blocking anonymous calls.

thunderbird

Re: Anonymous Call Block Changed

Post by thunderbird » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 am

sailcat25 wrote:I see the "Continuous Ring" selection is no longer available as a choice on blocking anonymous calls.
Mine has it for both Community Blacklist and Personal Blacklist, following "Matching calls should get" in the pull down menu, located in My Ooma at https://my.ooma.com/blacklists .

What version of Ooma Telo firmware do you have. The current version being pushed out is 60080.

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 am

He didn't ask about blacklists.
He asked about anonymous call block.
He is correct, continuous ring is not an option.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am

murphy wrote:He didn't ask about blacklists.
So Murphy, what's your point?

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am

thunderbird wrote:
murphy wrote:He didn't ask about blacklists.
So Murphy, what's your point?
My point is that you didn't read his question correctly and gave an answer that had nothing to do with his question.
He asked about anonymous call block and your answer has nothing whatever to do with anonymous call block.
The continuous ring option only exists for blacklists.
It does not exist for anonymous call block.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

sailcat25

Post by sailcat25 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 am

Maybe it was never available under "Anonymous Call Block" and only available in Blacklist settings? The reason I noticed was that the feature somehow became unchecked on its own (it was previously checked) and I thought that continuous ring was a feature there (Privacy settings), not just for Blacklist. I haven't received the latest update, my version is 52474.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:22 am

sailcat25 wrote:Maybe it was never available under "Anonymous Call Block" and only available in Blacklist settings? The reason I noticed was that the feature somehow became unchecked on its own (it was previously checked) and I thought that continuous ring was a feature there (Privacy settings), not just for Blacklist. I haven't received the latest update, my version is 52474.
Be careful about checking the My Ooma Anonymous Call Block box, because you will see Anonymous Caller on the caller Id screen for many doctor's offices and businesses. I had a call from a doctor's office and Lowes, and they both reported Anonymous. Both calls were important to me.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm

"Anonymous call block will stop callers who do not show their caller-ID. Choose if the caller should hear a message or have the call sent directly to voicemail."

I don't think it changed...it was this way all the time....
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo