phone monitoring/recording

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dpie4
phone monitoring/recording

Post by dpie4 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

A relative is coming to visit. She usually has to work a couple hours a day when here. She brings a phone given to her by her company because all her calls (to terminally ill patients and their families) are recorded. If I unplug my phone from my Ooma and plug in her phone do you know if her phone will work just the same? Will her company still be able to monitor?

I am hanging on to my landline until after her visit unless I can figure this out.
Thanks to anyone for your time and suggestions.
Dpie4

murphy

Re: phone monitoring/recording

Post by murphy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

There is insufficient information to answer your question.

Does the phone do the recording itself?

Does the phone call a special server at the company and then the server places the call to the client so the server can record both sides of the conversation?

The first would not be a problem.

The second could be a problem depending on how the phone transmits the client number to the server.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

dpie4

Post by dpie4 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks for your time....given the info you mentioned I asked her how the phone works and this is a cut/paste of what she told me;

" I know the phone does not do the recording it's a server in new jersey because all of my calls say they are coming from new jersey. In order for my phone to properly work I have to plug the phone in to the wall jack and then sign onto the Internet and access my VPN (company secure website) and then I have to input the landline phone number my phone is hooked into. From there all my dialing is done thru my computer, not my phone and somehow it utilizes the Internet connection to work."

If you have any ideas on whether this will work with Ooma, I would appreciate the info.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:47 am

It will work with Ooma as it looks like Ooma will be called first to initiate phone calls with clients.