Primary & Secondary Number Reversing

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Robek
Re: Primary & Secondary Number Reversing

Post by Robek » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:23 pm

Where is the Ooma number "highlighted in blue"? Some tables in My Ooma are striped: the odd rows have a white background, the even rows have a grayish background, and they sometimes turn bluish when hovering. (See also Call Logs, Contacts, etc.) But none of that says anything about primary/secondary numbers.

The mobile app always uses the primary number for the outgoing Caller ID, regardless of the Privacy Preferences, or any "**#" shortcuts. A Telo factory reset probably won't help either. (See setup.ooma.com -> Tools -> System).

The settings for Google Voice Extensions might be overriding the Privacy Preferences. To test this:
  1. uncheck the "Use my Google Voice Number as my Outbound Caller-ID", uncheck the "Enable Google Voice Extensions", save, wait about 5 minutes, and then test the outgoing Caller ID.
  2. check the "Enable Google Voice Extentions", uncheck the "Use my Google Voice Number as my Outbound Caller-ID", save, wait about 5 minutes, and then test the outgoing Caller ID.
  3. check the "Enable Google Voice Extentions", check the "Use my Google Voice Number as my Outbound Caller-ID", save, wait about 5 minutes, and then test the outgoing Caller ID.
If that doesn't help to narrow down the problem, then it's time to call customer support again ...

Asyd_Rayn

Post by Asyd_Rayn » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Robek wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:23 pm
Where is the Ooma number "highlighted in blue"? Some tables in My Ooma are striped: the odd rows have a white background, the even rows have a grayish background, and they sometimes turn bluish when hovering. (See also Call Logs, Contacts, etc.) But none of that says anything about primary/secondary numbers.
Can you not see the images with the notations for all the settings I uploaded in my response yesterday where I responded to each of your questions? It's clearly visible in my browser.

Google Voice extension is not the problem -- this began before I even found out I was able to set up Google Voice.

Robek

Post by Robek » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:27 pm

Asyd_Rayn wrote:Can you not see the images with the notations for all the settings I uploaded in my response yesterday where I responded to each of your questions?
The "Devices" image had some rose-colored annotations and arrows pointing to the different phone numbers. The numbers themselves are pixelated, but none of them appeared to be "highlighted in blue".

Is "highlighted" supposed to refer to the foreground color, or background color? Either way, if the Ooma number was blue, then perhaps that's because it was tied to a Google Voice number. One way to test that is to temporarily disable Google Voice Extensions, to see whether the blue highlight goes away.
Asyd_Rayn wrote:... this began before I even found out I was able to set up Google Voice.
That's new information. If the problem is not with GVE, then it looks like it could be on Ooma's end.

Asyd_Rayn

Post by Asyd_Rayn » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:16 pm

Robek wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:27 pm
The "Devices" image had some rose-colored annotations and arrows pointing to the different phone numbers. The numbers themselves are pixelated, but none of them appeared to be "highlighted in blue".

Is "highlighted" supposed to refer to the foreground color, or background color? Either way, if the Ooma number was blue, then perhaps that's because it was tied to a Google Voice number. One way to test that is to temporarily disable Google Voice Extensions, to see whether the blue highlight goes away.
The Ooma number is the bottom number with the "g" symbol and on my dashboard that entire line is a blue like the blue in these forums we are using. It's weird it shows normally on my screen, so can't explain why it's showing oddly for you. That aside, it's easy to distinguish since it has the "g" that denotes it is tied to the Google Extension and as I explained that's the Ooma number.
Asyd_Rayn wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:49 pm
That's new information. If the problem is not with GVE, then it looks like it could be on Ooma's end.
Yes, it appears to be an issue on Ooma's end since users don't determine the routing for default numbers and it seems that after the port they failed to make that change. However, they were quick to send me an email telling me my newly ported number was to be used going forward to sign into my account, but my password would remains the same. It works when dialing through the Ooma app on my cell phone. So it sounds like it's the Telo box or some routing change that needs to be changed on their end. As for the port, I was happy it took only 3-4 days. Maybe something is wrong with the number port backend reconciliation. I can't fix that, only Ooma can.