HD2 Handset orders

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dioxide45
Re: HD2 Handset orders

Post by dioxide45 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 pm

I think the issue here is, why are orders not being fulfilled in the order that they were placed? Is that really too hard of a thing for Ooma to do? I can understand why some would be upset when orders placed days after theirs are already fulfilled when theirs are not.

jh_austin

Post by jh_austin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Seven full business days (9 calendar days) have elapsed and the two phones I ordered still haven't shipped. I'm beginning to wonder whether I could place an order today for one phone and have it shipped before the order I placed on the 17th...

I also tried the online customer support yesterday to see I could get any information, but that was of little help. The representative said that there was no tracking number in the system, but that the phone should ship this week.

dioxide45

Post by dioxide45 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:14 pm

One other thing I don't understand is how Ooma could not properly anticipate demand for the new HD2 handset. They have been without a handset product for about six months. Their prior offering was weak. Did they really only have enough on hand to fill three days worth of orders? Seems like some poor planning on their part. They should have been more prepared with enough stock to meet demand.

richj11

Post by richj11 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 pm

The latest change I see on the order page:

"Due to limited inventories, HD2 Handset orders are now expected to ship within 10 business days."

I sense another smart a$$ comment coming on :)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm

I'd be surprised if there were a product shortage. It probably is more that the Ooma engineers are checking and double checking for problems with the product already sent out, to make sure that there are no hitches, which are probably slowing things down a little???? :?

I know that I've been asked a lot of questions. I think the engineers are try to take care of every last detail, which is very good for all of us. :)

umbertob

Post by umbertob » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Jerald wrote:Like it or not, almost all on line sellers now charge your credit card at time of purchase if you have confirmed your order. Amazon now hits your credit card even if it is one of their outside sellers.
LOL, Amazon's order fulfillment procedures and communications are on a different planet, a different galaxy than this "We'll give it a shot this week - maybe" amateur hour that Ooma is running to sell these handsets.

Mensra

Post by Mensra » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 am

I was just told by CS they have no idea when they will be shipping the next batch of handsets. If you have not gotten yours yet, no one knows when you will get it. In other words, "we have your money, we will send you something whenever. Don't like it? You can get your money back, oh yea, thanks for the interest free loan!"

jh_austin

Post by jh_austin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:48 pm

I just called and talked to a sales representative. He asked how many handsets I ordered. I told him two. He said that he received an email today from someone in the sales team that said they were shipping orders today for people who ordered one handset and will be sending orders on Monday for people who ordered two handsets. He said I should received an email on Monday with the tracking numbers. I hope he is correct, but I'm surely not confident they'll be shipped.

alicat876

Post by alicat876 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I received this email response just now: "I am sorry due to the high demand of handsets, there will be a slight delay on the delivery date but we are told that all deliveries will be this week and you will probably receive it by next week. The tracking number will be sent through email once we got it ready."

So, we are still receiving conflicting information. Oh well.

dioxide45

Post by dioxide45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Ordered two handsets on Saturday 20th October and just got an e-mail today with a UPS tracking number. Of course this may not mean they will actually ship real soon based on some other reports here.