HD2 Handset orders

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
richj11
Re: HD2 Handset orders

Post by richj11 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:00 pm

I think the coolest thing about the internet is the amount of information available at your fingertips... :D

Okay, now I'm OVER it.... :P
Jerald wrote:
toddbecker wrote:
Jerald wrote:My update order took about 4 to 5 days. Tracking was sent to me via e-mail, shipped UPS.
How quickly was the tracking info sent? I ordered last Friday, there was no order confirmation e-mail, nor a shipping e-mail. I did confirm w/ customer support on Monday that the order was received, the charge for the upgrade hit my card on Saturday.
Tracking was e-mailed the second day. You may want to call CS and ask them to send you a tracking number. I did call them to affirm tracking status.

SamA

Post by SamA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

I've ordered 4 on the 17th at 7am and I got absolutely nothing back from Ooma. They got my money right away though. And all I get out of Customer Service is: "Orders ship a week after they are placed, check your email for updates"....

This isn't a great start for me with Ooma :-( Especially seeing that later orders have already being shipped and received.

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 am

:)
Last edited by Jerald on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

markr

Post by markr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 am

I also ordered two handsets on October 17 and haven't heard anything yet. I understand that they have limited inventory that might be causing delays, but it doesn't seem right that people who ordered after me are receiving their handsets already.

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 am

Last edited by Jerald on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 am

It appears that for the time being, that some things Must be done in the back ground at Ooma, for each new HD2 handset or New Linx order. Depending where you are located in the country, these back ground changes may take a few days longer, or be shorter???

SamA

Post by SamA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 am

thunderbird wrote:It appears that for the time being, that some things Must be done in the back ground at Ooma, for each new HD2 handset or New Linx order. Depending where you are located in the country, these back ground changes may take a few days longer, or be shorter???
Too bad they aren't communicating about orders better. People usually understand delays when companies are more proactive in keeping them in the loop, especially when it is clear orders are not shipped in order and the charges are immediate.

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Last edited by Jerald on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

umbertob

Post by umbertob » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I got you all beat... I placed my order for 3 handsets the evening of 10/16, they just became available on their web site then (I am in Southern California.) My Discover card was charged on 10/17. Having received no order acknowledgment or emails but only the charge on my cc like most of you, on Friday I emailed their CS asking, basically, "Hey, what's up with my order?" 24 hours later I got a semi-canned response:
This is to confirm your order for 3 HD2 handsets with free shipping for $163.09. Your confirmation number is OID-291-xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The handsets should be shipped out by next week.
If you have further questions or require additional clarification, blah blah blah
Yesterday I figured I would give them another holler, as another week has almost gone by with no info whatsoever, and now you forum guys got me worried... Another 24 hours go by and I get this:
Hi,
Thank you for contacting Ooma support. We already escalated your issue to our distribution team. Please wait for the UPS tracking number that we will send to your email within the week.
If you have further questions or require additional clarification, blah blah blah
That they escalated "my" issue to the distribution team sounds to me like someone back in the warehouse ain't talking to someone in the office. And does "within this week" mean within tomorrow or within a week starting from today? ;) We'll see. But, I think most of us are on the same boat with this. If the handsets are as good as they seem, they'll be worth an extra week of wait, but that's not the issue. It annoys me to no end when vendors charge my credit card several days or weeks before shipping anything. It's unprofessional and unethical, especially for a supposedly high tech company like Ooma.

Umberto - Altadena, CA

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Last edited by Jerald on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.