International Bundle not kicking in

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
clifton4
International Bundle not kicking in

Post by clifton4 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:15 am

For a long time we used the pre-paid account for international calling (primarily to Europe). Then, once we knew more or less the number of minutes we'd use every month, I purchased the International Bundle.

Problem is: when we call, the minutes are counted against the pre-paid account, not the international bundle. I left the pre-paid account active just in case we went over the minutes allowed by the International Bundle.

Lately, I let the pre-paid account zero out, thinking that the International bundle would kick in - but that's not what happened. Now, when we try to make an international call we're told to contact Ooma.

Today, Sunday Oct 28th, we really needed to make calls - but Ooma apparently does not do customer service on the weekends?

Not good, folks - we had to use our cell phone to make the calls, at a much higher cost.

We're seriously thinking about moving back to Lingo. Lingo is a bit more expensive, but the international rates are competitive and at least there is someone available 24/7/365 if help is required.

Please tell me why I've been paying for the international bundle and have not been receiving benefit of the 500 minutes.

murphy

Re: International Bundle not kicking in

Post by murphy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 am

Customer Support

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Go into your Account Services page on my.ooma.com
https://my.ooma.com/account/services

See if you have a Feature Subscriptions section listing out your subscribed International Bundle:
1000 minutes to 60 Countries or something like that.

Also, if you are subscribed, you should see billing history for the International Package charges here:
https://my.ooma.com/account/billing_history

clifton4

Post by clifton4 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:21 pm

I have verified that the international bundle is on my account page, and it does show up as a line-item charge on the billing tab. It appears I have been charged for it but the service has not been active - rather, the prepaid account kept replenishing (it was on auto replenish until I stopped that...).

So, it appears I was paying for the. International bundle, but not receiving what I paid for. Refund, please.....

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 pm

clifton4 wrote:I have verified that the international bundle is on my account page, and it does show up as a line-item charge on the billing tab. It appears I have been charged for it but the service has not been active - rather, the prepaid account kept replenishing (it was on auto replenish until I stopped that...).

So, it appears I was paying for the. International bundle, but not receiving what I paid for. Refund, please.....
When I first started with Ooma, I had a simular problem with International Calling billing. I can tell you that it is worse then pulling teeth to get Ooma to make corrections to your acount where they have to refund money back to you.

So stick in there!

clifton4

Post by clifton4 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Appreciate the response - if Ooma won't make it right, they lose me as a customer - and all the potential referrals they would get from me within the international community here in Washington DC. I do not have time to mess with an outfit that doesn't have good customer service - Lingo may cost me $20 more a month but they are open 24/7/365, the service is super, and their spoken English is impeccable......

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 pm

clifton4 wrote:Appreciate the response - if Ooma won't make it right, they lose me as a customer - and all the potential referrals they would get from me within the international community here in Washington DC. I do not have time to mess with an outfit that doesn't have good customer service - Lingo may cost me $20 more a month but they are open 24/7/365, the service is super, and their spoken English is impeccable......
Ooma will make it right. But you may have to keep after them for a while.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Also, keep in mind that not all international calling destinations are included in the plan. For example, lots of mobile destinations even within the 60 countries are not included in the plan and would be charged to the prepaid account.
https://www.ooma.com/products/international-rates

clifton4

Post by clifton4 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks for the info.....to be clear: we do not call mobile phones, only landlines.

Still waiting for someone from Ooma to respond to the email complaint I submitted yesterday.......it's really strange that customer service for company that is supposedly 'highly ranked' in phone service would be closed on weekends......

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 am

You must have missed murphy's earlier post, Ooma customer support is open during the weekends too.

For your issue, I would call in to get someone live right away.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Also, there are non mobile destinations not included in International Plan minutes. Check United Kingdom for example.