International Bundle not kicking in

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
clifton4
Re: International Bundle not kicking in

Post by clifton4 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 am

Final post on this subject. Finally got through to customer service.

About customer service on weekends: when I was looking for a number to call, last Saturday, I looked on the Ooma homepage. The listed hours of operation there are Mon-Fri, with no weekend availability. That's what made me think that there was no customer service on weekends.

As for getting the use of 500 international minutes: It appears I have underestimated my wife's capability to talk....apparently, she ran through 500 minutes by mid-month, and after that the pre-paid account began drawing down. Customer service recommended moving to the 1000-minute plan as of 1 Nov - and we will make that move.

One thing still bothers me: I printed the outbound call list to total up the international minutes used. It appears, and was confirmed by the customer service representative, that calls to Europe that are not answered are still billed to the international plan. So we have many calls of 30-40-second duration (not answered by a human or answering machine) that were counted against the 500 minute plan. Not exactly what I expected or consider fair - if the call is answered we're happy to pay the charge - but if there is no answer IMHO there should be no charge.

That's it - case closed. Intend to closely monitor international calling for a couple months to ensure the new plan works as promised.

clifton4

Post by clifton4 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 pm

PS to final post: Customer service finally responded about the issue of unanswered international calls being billed against my minutes. The response said that calls with duration of 15 seconds or more, even if unanswered, are charged.

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least an answer was given and now we won't let an outgoing call ring for more than 15 seconds.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm

clifton4 wrote:PS to final post: Customer service finally responded about the issue of unanswered international calls being billed against my minutes. The response said that calls with duration of 15 seconds or more, even if unanswered, are charged.

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least an answer was given and now we won't let an outgoing call ring for more than 15 seconds.
I used to put in claims for refunds for the unanswered International call charged to our account, and Ooma would refund them. But I got tired of putting in the claims for just a few cents charge, so I haven't paid much attention since.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:26 pm

This threshold is likely what Ooma's carriers impose on Ooma. However, not even 3 rings doesn't seem reasonable.