HD2 volume levels are either too loud or too quiet

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Ba-Ba-Boosh
Re: HD2 volume levels are either too loud or too quiet

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 am

I just joined the forum to say that I have the exact same problem: using an external 2.5mm headset results in my voice sounding extremely muffled and garbled. It's basically unusable. I do not have this issue with the built-in mic on the phone. However, I waited until the HD2 came out specifically for the headset option since I'm frequently on calls for a few hours at a time. I've tried both a Plantronics and Sennheiser headset with the same results.

Any ETA on a software fix? I like the phones but need to be able to use a headset. My cheapo Panasonic phone sounds completely fine when using the same headsets.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:06 am

Dennis P wrote: Can you post the make/model of the headsets you are using? Are you using a jack adapter of any kind or are they natively the correct size?
Ba-Ba-Boosh wrote:I just joined the forum to say that I have the exact same problem: using an external 2.5mm headset results in my voice sounding extremely muffled and garbled. It's basically unusable. I do not have this issue with the built-in mic on the phone. However, I waited until the HD2 came out specifically for the headset option since I'm frequently on calls for a few hours at a time. I've tried both a Plantronics and Sennheiser headset with the same results.

Any ETA on a software fix? I like the phones but need to be able to use a headset. My cheapo Panasonic phone sounds completely fine when using the same headsets.
Dennis P. Ooma's engineering director, is asking that people that are using Headsets with the HD2 handsets, to list the brand names and model numbers of the headsets that they are using.

Also if the people using headset with the HD2 handset are using any kind of adapters etc that are plugged into the HD2 handset between the HD2 handset and the Headset cords, or between the Headset and the headset mike.

This will help Ooma to identify problems and make corrections to the HD2 handset firmware.

ajbtv2

Post by ajbtv2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 am

Plantronics M214C

Ba-Ba-Boosh

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm

- Plantronics Audio 326 Stereo PC Headset
- Sennheiser PC 151 Binaural Headset

Both are using a PC Headset to Phone Adapter, PC35-PH25. Exact same problem with both headsets. I don't have any problems when connecting them to my standard phone.

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 am

Same problem, listeners complain the sound is staticy and inaudible. I'm not using a cheap headset either, a very high quality one that has worked flawlessly in mobiles & cordless handsets.

Plantronics M175C Headset, no adapters (2.5mm plug)

I've tried all 3 levels of microphone gain on the headset as well. All 3 yield horrible results.

rasa7777

Post by rasa7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Dennis P wrote:Can you post the make/model of the headsets you are using? Are you using a jack adapter of any kind or are they natively the correct size?
I have 4 different headsets but none list the model. Two are Plantronics, and one is a Panasonic. None of them have ever had any issues using a variety of Panasonic and other non-Ooma handsets.

I am not using any sort of adapter. I am plugging the headsets directly into the handsets.
Telo * 2 Telo HD2 handsets * Linx * Bluetooth Adapter * Verizon FiOS 75M/35M

Ba-Ba-Boosh

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 am

Could we get an update from Product Management on whether or not they were able to reproduce the problem?

Zsarver

Post by Zsarver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Same issue. Plantronics MX500i with it plugged directly in.

Surprising that this exists because with all the delays this had because of quality you'd think it would have been closer to perfect.

Software update really needed.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:31 pm

As of this morning, used a couple of native 2.5mm headsets on HD2. On the other end, voice volume was extremely low (hardly can make out what I am saying) along with very loud background noise.

LG SGEY0003607

AT&T EH500

Using the same headsets on AT&T SL82518 was okay. I never liked using these headsets to begin with because didn't think their quality was good enough. At least not as good as if I was using my 3.5mm ones with Blackberry or iPhone.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:12 pm

The LG SGEY0003607 is a stereo headset with tip, ring, ring, ring (4 contacts) on the plug. I would not expect it to work with the HD2 which I "assume" has a jack that supports tip, ring, ring (3 contacts).
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx