HD2 volume levels are either too loud or too quiet

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Ba-Ba-Boosh
Re: HD2 volume levels are either too loud or too quiet

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Tom B wrote:We've pinpointed the software change that introduced the headset buzz. Stay tuned.
Is there any particular place this will be announced when it becomes available?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 pm

We're still perfecting the fix but an intermittent fix that addresses the core of the issue has
been pushed to a select number of customers that have reported on this. The fix will be
pushed to all HD2 customers after we've reviewed beta feedback and will be announced here:

viewforum.php?f=10

Ba-Ba-Boosh

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Tom B wrote:We're still perfecting the fix but an intermittent fix that addresses the core of the issue has
been pushed to a select number of customers that have reported on this. The fix will be
pushed to all HD2 customers after we've reviewed beta feedback and will be announced here:

viewforum.php?f=10
Would it be possible to be part of the beta? I'd like to be able to use my 2 HD2 phones :).

brojde

Post by brojde » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am

I would also like to be part of the beta group as the phone is currently sitting unused next to my old phone which does work with a headset. I say it to show that if it doesn't work, it won't ruin the phone for me, but if it does, I'll be able to finally set the old phone to rest.

Thanks,

Benny

Durtch

Post by Durtch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Having similar issues. I have an old Plantronics headset, no idea what model it is though.

Works fine on regular home phone, but HD2 sounds horrible on the receiving end.

Agree with everyone on this thread. The only reason I bought the HD2 was for a 2nd line AND to use with headset. Very disappointed at the moment.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Ba-Ba-Boosh
your unit already has the preliminary fix

drjfisher

Post by drjfisher » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Tom B,

I'm having the same problem with the the background noise as everyone else. Tell me if there is anything I can do to help the debug.

I've decided to not return my phone and have faith that you guys will solve the problem.

drjfisher

Post by drjfisher » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm

I tried to add another post.

I lost the ability to initiate a three way call between 11/4 and 11/5 with my new HD2 handset. Is this also related to the software fix?

BTW, I'm more than willing to help the debug process.

DrJ

Ba-Ba-Boosh

Post by Ba-Ba-Boosh » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Tom B wrote:your unit already has the preliminary fix
I just had a chance to update and test it. Although it's a definite improvement, the audio quality isn't close to what I'm getting with my Panasonic phone and the same headset.

I've been using the echo line at 909-390-0003 for testing. When using the Panasonic phone and headset, the line is dead silent until I say something. The echo comes back loud and clear. When using the HD2 and headset, there's a constant buzzing and hissing noise in the background. The echo is noticeably more digitized than the Panasonic phone.

Any other ideas?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 am

I lost the ability to initiate a three way call between 11/4 and 11/5
No new software was pushed between those dates. Please try again using your phone attached
to the phone port and the line 1/2 buttons on the telo front panel. Then try with HD2 again.

As for the question you emailed. The headset buzz was introduced in an early beta build and
unfortunately not caught prior to release.