Multiple Telos on same account?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jduffy
Multiple Telos on same account?

Post by jduffy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 am

Can I have more than one Telo on my account? I have one now for the home and have number ported over, running wirelessly and all works well.

I have a home office. I am having that number ported to Google Voice from Time Warner (first via T-Mobile, then to GV) and have just ordered a second Telo for the home office.

So my question is, can I have them on the same account, using one control panel (my.ooma.com) and control each one differently (GV integration on the new Telo but not on the new Telo)?

Or should I just set up another account with a different email address?

Thanks,

Duffy

thunderbird

Re: Multiple Telos on same account?

Post by thunderbird » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:41 am

jduffy wrote:Can I have more than one Telo on my account? I have one now for the home and have number ported over, running wirelessly and all works well.

I have a home office. I am having that number ported to Google Voice from Time Warner (first via T-Mobile, then to GV) and have just ordered a second Telo for the home office.

So my question is, can I have them on the same account, using one control panel (my.ooma.com) and control each one differently (GV integration on the new Telo but not on the new Telo)?

Or should I just set up another account with a different email address?

Thanks,

Duffy
I believe that you need a separate account for each Ooma Telo. But you can check tomorrow with Ooma to make sure:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Sales Information
Visit the buy page for a list of authorized resellers.
Email: sales@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-866-452-OOMA (6662)

Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday-Sunday closed.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 am

1 account per Telo is the current business rule.

ksol

Post by ksol » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 am

The solution that I use is to have one or more handsets on the account and to create a private account to split them out. I ported two numbers (one number for home and one for a business) and use GoogleVoice on one. I can see both numbers on the main account but do have to log into the private account for the business number settings. I actually like that since it keeps voicemails and call logs separately instead of together. It also allows me to use my GV number for outgoing caller-id for only one number.

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 am

lbmofo wrote:1 account per Telo is the current business rule.
Any change to this? I have a new Ooma client that wants to have one Telo here in Toronto and another at her house in Mexico. She would like to be able to access them from the same account. I see that if I click "Setup Device" under Phone Number Preferences in my Main Account, there is a choice for Telo in the drop down.

As I recall from setting up private accounts, Telo was not a choice. Is it now possible to setup two Telos under the main account and assign the Primary number to one and Secondary to the other or will she still need to have two separate accounts with separate billing, etc?
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 am

Bump
EX Bell wrote:
lbmofo wrote:1 account per Telo is the current business rule.
Any change to this? I have a new Ooma client that wants to have one Telo here in Toronto and another at her house in Mexico. She would like to be able to access them from the same account. I see that if I click "Setup Device" under Phone Number Preferences in my Main Account, there is a choice for Telo in the drop down.

As I recall from setting up private accounts, Telo was not a choice. Is it now possible to setup two Telos under the main account and assign the Primary number to one and Secondary to the other or will she still need to have two separate accounts with separate billing, etc?

Anyone have any input on this before I phone customer service to ask?

tbeltz

Post by tbeltz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Ex-Bell: I have 4 units and each is on separate accounts. One is premier and the other 3 are basics. Could not get what you are wanting either but it really is not that difficult.

The way it works out is when you go to the Ooma log in and click where the number is then it gives me a pop down window with all of my accounts listed there. I simply pick the one I want click on it and the Password fills in automatically because on the first log-in I told it to remember my info.

Once I pick the number it logs into that particular one. I finish that one do a log out and turn right around and do a repeat picking the next one I want.

Not a big issue. I think you will find it works pretty good.

Good Luck

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Ex Bell, the Telo private account option is available so you can make the phone port on Telo a private device (all the HD2 and Linx attached phones would be "shared" unless you make one or more of them private too). No change as far as I know of; still 1 main device per account.

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:36 pm

lbmofo wrote:Ex Bell, the Telo private account option is available so you can make the phone port on Telo a private device (all the HD2 and Linx attached phones would be "shared" unless you make one or more of them private too). No change as far as I know of; still 1 main device per account.
Thanks for the reply and update.

ToastyNerd

Post by ToastyNerd » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:47 pm

Checking in on this canonical thread for any updates. As of 2023, is a separate account still required for each Tello? Can accounts share email, credit card and other billing?