phone goes red lights blinking when a call comes in

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
harryy300
Re: phone goes red lights blinking when a call comes in

Post by harryy300 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm

lbmofo: your router is connected to Ooma's "home internet" port, then that behavior is expected while Ooma is going through reboot.
yes after I posted I though of that and didn't think it through
and Have you tried to get another power adapter for your ooma?
no i have not tried another power supply. I have never had a problem with incoming calls, only where I pick up the phone.
and southsound: I am connected to cable..

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:29 pm

harryy300 wrote:I have never had a problem with incoming calls, only where I pick up the phone.
Yes, that person who had issues with power adapter had the same issue of Ooma booting when answering calls. Maybe you can plug the Ooma into another power outlet just to see.
harryy300 wrote:and southsound: I am connected to cable..
Your phone is directly connected to the Ooma? and not through the house wires?

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

southsound & lbmofo: Hey!!!! I did not have the wireless phone base plugged into the phone jack on the ooma. So I just moved the wireless base and plugged it into the phone plug on the ooma. I had it plugged into the house wires in the kitchen. How come it got a dial tone there?? DO YOU THINK??? All is working so far. I let you guys know tomorrow……

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:47 pm

harryy300 wrote:southsound & lbmofo: Hey!!!! I did not have the wireless phone base plugged into the phone jack on the ooma. So I just moved the wireless base and plugged it into the phone plug on the ooma. I had it plugged into the house wires in the kitchen. How come it got a dial tone there?? DO YOU THINK??? All is working so far. I let you guys know tomorrow……
Before you plugged your phone into Ooma's "phone" port, was the "phone" port connected to a walljack?
If so, your kitchen walljack was getting Ooma dialtone that way.
You were having issues with this setup likely because your house wires are not physically disconnected from the telephone company. Good catch southsound!

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 am

well i'm back and i still have the problem..... i guess i'll try the power supply although I just can't see that causing this problem. The other guy with a problem almost like this had his power supply keep power off of a number of hours, with this the phone reboots and power is always supplied.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:16 pm

harryy300, care to answer my latest questions?

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

your latest question???? i think it is my ooma was connected to the house wires and not from the ooma port..... so I moved it as you guys said and it worked for a little while then started to do the same thing again. i am having a bad day really... so I go the the ooma base and I notice the plug from the power supply is not plugged in all the way this time causing the same problems I had. So now it is working for now and it looks like the house wires were the problem. You guys are super.... thanks to all..