no auto-reconnect after internet outage?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
raymondhthomas
no auto-reconnect after internet outage?

Post by raymondhthomas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:40 am

Hi,

My ooma telo is set up between the cable modem and router and typically works fine. Occasionally we will lose the internet connection like last night our cable went out. Once the connection was restored, the cable modem recovered just fine but the ooma was still flashing red. I had to manually power cycle the ooma telo for it to get a connection again. The router did not need to be rebooted.

I did a live chat with ooma support and the rep said this was normal. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there some configuration change I can make so that the ooma can just automatically reconnect?

Thanks

thunderbird

Re: no auto-reconnect after internet outage?

Post by thunderbird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 am

raymondhthomas wrote:Hi,

My ooma telo is set up between the cable modem and router and typically works fine. Occasionally we will lose the internet connection like last night our cable went out. Once the connection was restored, the cable modem recovered just fine but the ooma was still flashing red. I had to manually power cycle the ooma telo for it to get a connection again. The router did not need to be rebooted.

I did a live chat with ooma support and the rep said this was normal. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there some configuration change I can make so that the ooma can just automatically reconnect?

Thanks
If using a network cable connected to the Ooma Telo Internet port, the Ooma Telo will almost always reconnect upon an Internet disruption. (This isn't always true, using the Wi-Fi USB dongle Internet connection).

Try this:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause Internet disconnects, dropped calls, garbled voice, and other problems, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

randybonnette

Post by randybonnette » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 am

thunderbird wrote:
write my essay today
If using a network cable connected to the Ooma Telo Internet port, the Ooma Telo will almost always reconnect upon an Internet disruption. (This isn't always true, using the Wi-Fi USB dongle Internet connection).

Try this:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause Internet disconnects, dropped calls, garbled voice, and other problems, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.
Hello,

Is it possible that because of the Sleep Mode the Ooma Wi-Fi/BT dongle loses contact sync? My router model does into sleep mode in case no wi-fi is used. Should I use an extender to create a mesh-network? Thanks.