Should anonymous call blocking work on a forwarded call?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jmassimilla
Should anonymous call blocking work on a forwarded call?

Post by jmassimilla » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 am

I have a landline (not associated with ooma) which I have forwarded to my second, dedicated scout number. I have anonymous call blocking enabled on this number and have selected the calls to be blocked as opposed to sending them to voicemail. A number of these calls have come through. The phone rings for the normal number of times and then goes to voicemail. The ones that leave voicemail are all political calls.The calls show up in the call log as "unavailable" with no number shown. They show up on my caller id as "unknown" with no number shown. I'm wondering if they are not being blocked because they are forwarded calls. My landline does have caller id so the caller info is passed on to the ooma number. Any ideas?
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

bw1

Re: Should anonymous call blocking work on a forwarded call?

Post by bw1 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 am

My understanding is that call features such as ACB and blacklist do not work on landline calls through ooma. I assume forwarded calls would be the same. I read that they are working on an enhancement to allow this to work.