Blue light off on my Ooma Telo

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tfraley
Blue light off on my Ooma Telo

Post by tfraley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 am

The blue light is no longer on. I can still make and receive calls and the voicemail picks up, but the blue light is off and when a call comes I can't screen it. There's no sound. I can retrieve voicemails from the unit. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. The light blinks red then the blue light comes on then it shuts off again. It doesn't flash or anything. Is there something that I need to reset?

kdmc69

Re: Blue light off on my Ooma Telo

Post by kdmc69 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 am

If you have the original Telo (numbers and other buttons on it), have you used the buttons at the top to try to adjust the brightness and sound? I've seen other posts saying that their cat had sat on the Telo, or the maid had just cleaned the dust off. The buttons are sensitive so it doesn't take much to change the setting.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

tfraley

Post by tfraley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 am

It's not the original Telo. There are no numbers on it. And I don't have a cat :)

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 am

tfraley wrote:It's not the original Telo. There are no numbers on it. And I don't have a cat :)
Still begs the question, the brightness (rewind) control does nothing? Would be helpful to eliminate the usual, quick-fix remedies when diagnosing the issue.

Did you recently switch from Premier to Basic?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

tfraley

Post by tfraley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Well there's something I didn't know. The rewind button solved the issue. I don't have a cat, but I do have a little dog who does hop on that table to bark at people outside. I came home today and the Telo was on the floor.
The blue light is on and everything is back to normal. Thanks :)

glumley930

Post by glumley930 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:37 pm

I had the same problem. My Ooma was working but the blue light was not coming on. I hit the reverse button on the unit and my light is back on. Thanks for the tip.