HD2 Handset freezes at "Connecting..."

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
gman_nyc
Re: HD2 Handset freezes at "Connecting..."

Post by gman_nyc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 am

Hi Tom,

Connecting my laptop to the Telo, I unregistered both phones and saw the base software version is 131709. I tried registering both HD2s again - one registered, the other also registered but is still in the cradle 'Connecting...'. On the HS that did connect, it takes a good 10 seconds until I hear a ringtone and I can call out, but I don't hear anything on the HS. The HS version is 131299 (RFP version 131583). When the one HS connected, I didn't see it download new software into the HS. Both HS beep twice when put into the cradle.

On the one connected HS, none of the '##' codes work, so I can't use them - I mainly use the laptop to interface with the base. On the HS that did not connect, there are no menu items when I press the menu button. I've rebooted the base unit and HSs numerous times.

Let me know if you need any other information from me and thanks for your help.

Regards,
Glen

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Did a factory reset. This recreated a file that got corrupted. Please press menu to unregister the HD2, then re-register.

gman_nyc

Post by gman_nyc » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:52 am

Thanks so much Tom - the reset did the trick and I was able to register both HSs.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi Tom,

I've been having this same issue for weeks now. I've called for support twice, and the last time around they had me order another Telo Hub to swap out. This didn't help and I'm still having the 'Connection...' issue. My handsets (one in particular out of 3) will cycle through this sequence of connecting every few minutes. The other two handsets appear to remain connected, but when I take them off-hook, I don't get any dial tone.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've replaced the Telo; I've relocated the Telo; I've changed out batteries; switched handsets around; brought them closer to the Telo; rebooted everything numerous times. Prior to about a 1.5 months ago, things were rock solid and everything was stable.

I'm going to call the support number again, but I'm really getting frustrated because the agents don't seem to understand what is going on in my situation and have me follow the same routing of rebooting/unplugging/unregistering-registering/etc. And, as mentioned earlier, they had me buy another Telo.

Can you please advise? Thanks.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 am

Try again now. If HS 019cb39d36 continues to have issues ask support to RMA it and post back here.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks! I'll continue to check it and if it acts up again, I'll let you know and RMA the handset.

Question - Was this issue just localized to the handset and/or did you make software modifications to the Telo itself?

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Tom,

The handset is/was much better, but it just went offline again this morning and back into 'connecting' mode. I'm going to go call the service desk and ask to RMA the handset per your guidance. Thanks.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Tom,

I went ahead and changed out the handset with the replacement one today. I'm still having the issue with the replacement phone showing 'connecting' and the others not responding.

So far, I've changed out the Telo and I've changed out this handset. Can you please advise what I can do next?

(Not sure if I mentioned before, but I have another line with a another Telo/handset and they work perfectly, so I don't believe interference is an issue here.)

Can you please advise? Could it be one of the other handsets causing this?

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Tom - any suggestions? Handsets are still all going into 'connecting....' and stuck there. Thanks.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:29 am

You'll need to do some experiments to try and narrow it down.

[base A8 is telo with MAC ending in A8; 40 is the other base]
1. is base A8 hidden away and/or on top of some other equipment?
2. unpair all handsets from A8 and then pair just one of the handsets and see if it's ok; pair a 2nd one and see if still ok
3. swap the handsets between A8 and 40 to see if the problem follows handsets or base
4. swap the locations of A8 and 40 to see if environment is an issue