Why I am still being charged?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
saywordarthur
Why I am still being charged?

Post by saywordarthur » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:20 pm

I cancelled my account several months ago. But I just got charged again. I had a lengthy conversation with an agent last time and she confirmed it was cancelled. Why I am still being charged?

How can I have my entire profile deleted and my credit card information removed? I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVICE ANYMORE!! PLEASE CANCEL THIS!

kdfederer

Re: Why I am still being charged?

Post by kdfederer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 pm

If it is being charged to a credit card, contact the credit card company and file a complaint with the credit card company. Ooma will have to answer to the credit card company.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 pm

I have escalated this to management.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Your account has been canceled.

Hotjava

Post by Hotjava » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:16 am

I am having the same problem. I called to cancel my service in September and the agent insisted I keep the device active, credited me for two months of service and the billing would continue for two months. I reluctantly agreed but said it was ok as long as the billing stops after the two months, but I have been billed for a third month. What does it take to get service CANCELLED and for the billing to STOP? Do you expect me to waste another 45 minutes of my time on the phone and hope that you finally cancel the service? The invalid charge should also be credited back. I have in the past recommended Ooma service to others but will be reluctant to in the future if you don't honor requests to cancel service when it is no longer needed.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:29 am

I've escalated this. Found the ticket. Did you mention to the agent you wanted to transfer the telo to someone else?

Your account has been canceled.

warprin

Post by warprin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:43 am

Same here. After several calls, escalated to management after I was being billed for a few months, they first offered a partial refund. I had to argue with the Ooma Rep that that was entirely unfair and unethical. He came back on the phone and said the entire amount would be refunded ($25 and change). Now another charge this month. They know what they're doing, it has to be on purpose. Now, I'm very sure I will never reactivate my account, but of course, they won't cancel it, so I have to play this game with them and call them every time a charge shows. Will definitely leave my reviews about difficulty in account cancellation.

EDIT: This is going on 5 months+ now. Rep assured me I would never be charged again. I was explicit about not keeping the device. Really, their word means nothing.

EDIT2: I just realized how wrong what they're doing is, I just filed a complaint with the BBB.

GLAWDOG

Post by GLAWDOG » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:29 pm

I am having the same problem as the other posts. I called customer service in August 2015 to cancel service because I had moved and had no current need for the service, the rep said they would give me a credit for a few months (in the event I sold / transferred my telo unit, to enable a new user to avoid paying an activation fee) and then would stop charging my credit card. I called customer service in January 2016 because my credit card was still being charged. After speaking with two individuals, I was told my service would be cancelled and that my credit card would not be charged. But, yet again, there is a pending charge on my credit card for monthly fees.

I just had an online "chat" with a rep who said that my account was still active (i.e., not cancelled), and that I had to call customer service because they cannot cancel service by chat -- even though I already have called TWICE to cancel my service. I will make one final attempt tomorrow to contact customer service to get this resolved, but if it is not, then I will be filing a formal complaint (with the FCC or whoever is the appropriate government regulator), I will be notifying my credit card company that these are unauthorized charges, and I will be contacting the OOMA General Counsel, Spencer Jackson. So, OOMA, if you want to avoid this issue being escalated, get my account cancelled NOW and STOP CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19827 I've canceled your account.

seanlmcgill76

Post by seanlmcgill76 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:24 am

Same here... I cancelled my service last week on 2/27/16, just got charged again on March 3rd.

OOMA's customer service sucks, I was speaking w/ a pandering, annoying customer service rep, who when I asked if my service could be cancelled told me: "Here's what the options are... you're gonna sell your OOMA device, a lot of customers prefer buying a preowned device, where is it? In the basement somewhere? *snickering* To which I was silent and then eventually told him in anger - there are no options here, where my device is located is none of your business, now just cancel my service! I will not use OOMA again.
:x
Then to top it off, apparently this idiot did not cancel my service as I just got billed again - however I've disputed the charge so I imagine OOMA will be being contacted by my credit card company.