Why I am still being charged?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Why I am still being charged?

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:54 am

Your account has been canceled.

Elviscat

Post by Elviscat » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Ooma,

This is my third time trying to cancel my account. I tried unsuccessfully the last two times via phone. I am still getting charged $4.24 a month. I have not used Ooma in months and the first lady I talked to when cancelling my account was very unprofessional. Last month I had that charge reversed and my account was said to be closed. I talked to an employee whose name was "Mj" This month the charge still appeared.
:x :x :x

If I don't get this resolved I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint.

smpaine

Post by smpaine » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:07 am

Ooma,

I have also been charged for service the next month after I have cancelled. I cancelled on 1/23/2017, was refunded on 1/24/2017, and then billed again on 2/19/2017. This is very unprofessional, and if the charge isn't reversed, I will have my credit card company perform a chargeback.

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:07 pm

A chargeback is the best approach, along with raising the visibility of the issue here. I doubt a BBB complaint would accomplish anything useful. It's sad to see this a recurring problem with Ooma.
Steve

ockhamist

Post by ockhamist » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 pm

I am having a similar problem. I cancelled my account on Jan 9th, after a few phone calls. Apparently they couldn't do it on the first phone call. They assured me that my account was cancelled. However, I have been billed for January and for February now. I don't use the service anymore and I want to cancel. I'm really angry and I don't know what to do. I was lied to.

goatgal

Post by goatgal » Mon May 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Same problem here. For over 6 months I have tried to cancel this service. I was encouraged to sell the Telo and given a "referral number" to pass on to the new owner so they could avoid a startup fee. I've since been charged 3 more times. Those charges were reversed and they are STILL trying to charge me. Fortunately, my debit card expired and a new one was issued last month and for the past two months, I've received emails from Ooma asking me to update my card info so I don't experience a disruption in service. :shock: I'm so disgusted with this company and the customer service, I will NEVER recommend it to anyone.

jason8612

Post by jason8612 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am

Similar issue here. Cancelled the service a year ago, but was still charged. Ended up disputing the charges and now I'm getting spammed with emails about missing payments. Filed a complaint with the BBB.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 am

ockhamist, account already canceled

goatgal, jason8612 : accounts now canceled

klickin2k

Post by klickin2k » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Tom B,

I have called and cancelled my service twice now and OOMA is still trying to charge me for the Base Phone Service. I originally cancelled Aug 24 2016. I have been charged this fee every month since then up until Jun 21 2017 where I called and cancelled again. I should have had about $42 refunded, but they only refunded me $20. I just checked my credit card statement and they tried to charge me for July. The charge didn't go through because that card number was reported lost. Can you work your magic, like you have done with others, and get this fixed?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm

account canceled