OOMA REFUSES TO CANCEL ACCOUNT

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ItsTimeToStop
Re: OOMA REFUSES TO CANCEL ACCOUNT

Post by ItsTimeToStop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 am

It's time to stop! Cancel my account! It should have cancelled in February! Just stop charging me!

Steven Smith

OOMA REFUSES TO CANCEL ACCOUNT

Post by Steven Smith » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Same issue here. There months after cancellation, I am still being charged a fee. This service is a fraud. I want my last payment reversed and to never do business with these people again.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 am

canceled JMM, Steven Smith
ItsTimeToStop was canceled earlier viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21532

cdp2727

Post by cdp2727 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:16 pm

What a scam. I own three Ooma telos and have three phone numbers. I only need two and tried to cancel one of the three accounts. First I talked with someone on chat who spent several minutes questioning my reasons for cancelling, told me they had to check on something related to my accounts, then explained I had to call back during the weekday hours to talk with a customer service rep to process the cancellation. Next, I called customer service and again had to discuss my reasons for cancellation only then to be told I had to be transferred to another rep to fully cancel the account. So I start over with a third rep. Again, I had to explain why I was cancelling. The rep proceeded to tell my why I should keep the account open (use as a dedicated alarm, sell the device on Ebay or Craigslist, etc.) Every time I said I just wanted to cancel she went on and on about all the reasons I should keep the device and that they'd give me two months credit so I could sell it. I read too much about this scam online and continued to say I didn't want to keep the account open but wanted to completely cancel it. She would not do this until I said they were risking loosing my other two account. Finally, she gave me a cancellation confirmation number. I am so surprised that Ooma treats their customers this way with an intentionally deceptive attempt to keep charging you for a service you don't want. Ooma lets you set up your account easily online without talking to anyone. It should be just as easy to cancel. Whatever you do, don't be talked into keeping your account open, you'll just be wasting your time and money in the long run and will have to go through the whole time-wasting process again to cancel. Ooma, you should be ashamed of treating your customers so poorly!

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:39 am

I suppose this wouldn't work with three separate units & lines, but for anyone else, If they give you the runaround, get your credit card company involved. If you file a dispute with them over the charges, you can bet ooma will get off their butts and straighten the issue out.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

Eddd

Post by Eddd » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:33 pm

I've started having this problem too. I spoke to a rep several weeks ago, who said she would take care of closing the account and offered me a credit that I could give to the purchaser of my Ooma device.

The credit is on my credit card. Exactly how am I supposed to give that credit to someone?

Next stop is the California Attorney General's office to file a complaint.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Many credit card companies have virtual credit cards that you can use for a one time purchase. The can be any amount or just open like your regular credit card.

Just make a virtual credit card with $1.00. Post that credit card number on your OOMA account. They can't charge the monthly.

I have done this with other vendors that refuse to cancel accounts. Just last week was with "MOVIEPASS". They would not cancel and tried to charge the card. The sent email that because they could not charge my card account has been canceled.

Asked once to cancel....they did not do it, so I did it at my end.

Problem solved!!!
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Eddd, account canceled

GreatPhone

Post by GreatPhone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:46 pm

We don't want to cancel our Ooma Office Account. Our Financial Team DOES want to cancel Office, but I convinced them that we should keep at least one Ooma line. But Ooma has ignored the cancellation of the other extensions and continues to bill us. Very frustrating. Unless Ooma cooperates and reduces our bill and number of extensions, I will let the Team have their way. Make sense?

harwinne

Post by harwinne » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Tom, I called in to Ooma Customer Support to cancel my account. I'm writing here because the agent did not leave me confident that this will be done. Please confirm that my account is cancelled and if it is not, please cancel it effective immediately.