Important Service Update for Ooma Hub Owners

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mhowie
Re: Important Service Update for Ooma Hub Owners

Post by mhowie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Tom B wrote: mhowie, your forum email address doesn't match the one on your Ooma account so I can't look it up.
Forum email address updated.

My credit card was charged six days ago. As such, I'll presume the Telo2 is on its way.
--Howie

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

confirmed your order is in the RMA queue

CeeElGee

Post by CeeElGee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:37 am

bcm00re wrote:So my Telo2 arrived on Monday. I was going to wait at least 10 months before plugging it in, but last night my Ooma Hub would not connect. I performed several reboots, but still no connection. So I logged into my account -- on the opening page it is now shows a Telo2 instead of a Hub (in the picture where it shows it is offline). On my Account page it still says Ooma Core for Service Level but says Telo under System Info. Earlier this week week, the picture of was a Hub and my System Info said Hub. I haven't even broken the seal on the Telo2 that was sent -- so what happened? Has Ooma changed their stance and are they now 'bricking' the Hub after the Telo2s is sent and received?
Holy crap. My new Telo JUST did the same thing at practically the same time I read your post! And it's been sitting in the box for almost a week. I made a call with the Hub just this morning, but after reading your post I went to MyOoma and the Telo was pictured and the Hub was dead. Incredible.

Anyway, after connecting the Telo I still had to call customer service in India or wherever the heck it is and they fixed me up. Seems to be working fine, although the sound quality of the voicemail playback from the base unit is nowhere near as good as the Hub.

CeeElGee

Post by CeeElGee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 am

Tom B wrote:
Tom B wrote:Stay tuned. I've escalated this with Sr. Mgmt.
Ok, Corporate concurs with my original posting here so I've changed p1 back to the way it was and removed the 'update' edits on my previous posts. So your hub will not go out of service until you plug in the telo. This information will take a few days to filter down to every support person, so if a rep says something that is contrary to what is stated here please refer to p1 on this thread instead.
Apparently just taking my new Telo out of the box caused my Hub to go out of service :o Not saying I wouldn't have gone with the Telo right away, but after reading all 27 pages of the issues here, I might have liked to made that decision myself.

Anyway, customer service helped me get the Telo working and it seems to be going fine. Good luck with your unhappy Hub owners issues :D

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:03 pm

The telo connecting to the internet is what takes the hub out of service. The telo showing up on MyOoma prior to that is normal because it's the primary device on the account, with the hub secondary even if that's the one being used.

marcus63

Post by marcus63 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Tom -
Would you mind confirming my order as well (called in on 11/01/16 as I remember).
My credit card was charged on 11/03/16. As of today, no Telo and no communication whatsoever from Ooma.
Thanks

Burtiso

Post by Burtiso » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:56 am

Tom,

When will my Telo/Lynx ship?????

Burtiso

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:53 pm

marcus63, Burtiso : emailed you the tracking number

Burtiso

Post by Burtiso » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks Tom,
Was both the Telo and Lynx shipped?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 pm

See the Linx order in your order history but have no visibility into the shipping of that because it's not an RMA.