Important Service Update for Ooma Hub Owners

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Important Service Update for Ooma Hub Owners

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:18 pm

mk11 wrote:Thanks for clarifying things, Tom. I'm still wondering about the answer to these concerns posed on the previous thread.
After the hub-2-telo swap completes the hub is scrap. I mean the whole point of this offer is to give hub customers the opportunity to transfer, at a reasonable price, their existing services over to a more reliable telo which has additional features you can take advantage of with more to come. Once the transfer is complete you can't go back. It's in Ooma's interest (and its customer base) to have customers on the most reliable platform possible.

chiefjim

Post by chiefjim » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Tom B wrote:chiefjim, the 'Lifetime Premier' is attached to the account and can only be transferred from hub to telo for the duration of the offer. After the offer ends the purchase of a telo involves the creation of a new account and not a hub-2-telo swap on the existing account.
Well that is certainly an eye opener. Had my hub died back in 2012 right after the warranty expired I would have broke even with the $350 pre-paid offer. So I guess it becomes a real gamble of value how long these services last being tied so closely to hardware.

At this point using the new Telo offer makes more financial sense than adding Lifetime Premier costs in addition to the other taxes and fees should my hub die outside the promo period.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 pm

I guess when you say "adding Lifetime Premier costs" you mean paying for monthly or annual premier

chiefjim

Post by chiefjim » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Correct. In my mind I already paid for an addon service to my account. I like perhaps several others here thought Lifetime Premier would have been for so long as I had an active account with Ooma. Be it a Hub, a Telo, or a Hub followed by a Telo. That defines incentive. Not gambling how many months a piece of hardware will survivie beyond the warranty.

sakellar

Post by sakellar » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:20 am

Tom: My email said if I swap I only get 3 years of no taxes/fees, but others are reporting lifetime. Will I be getting another email from OOMA stating no taxes/fees for life at some point?

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:42 am

In three separate posts I have recommended that it would benefit EVERYONE if ooma sent out a new email... With current updated offer terms and all the questions and answers scattered throughout the forum.

Unfortunately that request has been ignored. Too bad! .. Email is free...
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Sakellar, the new offer replaces the 3-yr one. I added another bullet explaining this to the post starting this thread on p1.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Bill D wrote:
Tom B wrote:.... Only thing Basic has over Core in terms of hardware independent services is support for Amazon Echo...
Core does support Amazon Echo according to http://support.ooma.com/home/feature-co ... emier-core which has "Connect with Amazon Alexa" listed and linked to http://support.ooma.com/home/amazon-alexa-integration. Unless I'm missing something, there's no difference between how Basic and Core support Amazon Echo on a Telo.
You can enable the Ooma Amazon Echo skill using any MyOoma credentials (so hub/telo, core/basic/premier). I updated the post on p2 accordingly. This didn't seem the case at first because the Apps dropdown in MyOoma, which includes info on Amazon Alexa, is hidden for Hub owners.

ww4397

Post by ww4397 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi Tom,

I have a first version Telo (Telo1) that I purchased a couple of years ago to have as a backup in case my Hub ever died. It is still sitting, in its unopened box, in my basement. Could I use that Telo1 in this offer rather than purchasing a new one?

If so, how would I go about making the Hub-to-Telo1 swap? Thanks.

gtdurham

Post by gtdurham » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:07 pm

If I decide to upgrade to the new telo, how long after I get the new telo do I have to take the old hub out and install the new telo? Would it be possible to keep using the hub until it bites the dust and then switch over to the new telo?