ooma telo panel getting sticky

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
beezee
Re: ooma telo panel getting sticky

Post by beezee » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:16 am

Our Ooma telo device was bought in 2015 so I don't know if more recent devices are the same. We had the same problem regarding the pad becoming sticky. I used Dawn dish soap and a coarse type of microfiber cloth and that solved the problem after about 1/2 hour of work.

First unplug all of the cables.

Put a small amount of soap on the cloth and coat perhaps a 1/4 section of the pad with the soap and let it sit for a few minutes.

Put a small amount of soap on the cloth then start wiping the coated section.

You may need to coat that same section a second time and then repeat.

Once finished take a slightly damp cloth and wipe off any soap residue.

Repeat for the rest of the pad surface.

Take care not to have any moisture get under the pad surface to the point that it gets inside the device. Our device is so old that I don't remember if it had a matte finish. After cleaning the pad was a smooth, dull finish and definitely not sticky anymore.

moc

Post by moc » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:33 am

Baking soda/water mix did the trick in no time! Thanks much for this suggestion.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:57 pm

Found this thread after getting tired that my ooma telo was turning into a sticky dust-encrusted lollipop.

The magic-eraser plus isopropyl alcohol did the trick. Not much scrubbing needed at all for me, perhaps the sticky layer is thicker on different models. Mine is the telo with the 5 clicky buttons on the top under the llit-up logo.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core