unable to port number away from Ooma

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
kumar
unable to port number away from Ooma

Post by kumar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:34 pm

I have spent many hours going back and forth with Ooma chat agents several times but it seems that Ooma is trying to thwart my attempts to port number away from Ooma.

According to Ooma agent, I should use the following information for porting number away from Ooma:

name: OOMA INC.
account number: 1 + my phone number
PIN: blank
Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303

I have entered the info verbatim into my port request but each time I try to transfer the number, Ooma rejects it as 'incorrect information provided'. This is very frustrating.

I searched Ooma forums and it seems that there are tons of such complaints. I am thinking of complaining to attorney general of my state about this issue.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: unable to port number away from Ooma

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

The carrier rejected the port request because of an error in one the fields. Support has since clarified how to submit the info.

testy

Post by testy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Tom;

1) Why are you no longer listed as Tom B?

2) What is the "new and correct" procedure/information to port a number AWAY from OOMA?

Thanks

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:38 pm

1) because I changed it
2) support provides the needed info when you contact them with a port out request - there's no new procedure

rmharmon

Post by rmharmon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:40 am

I have had trouble porting out my number as well. I see many have. To create a good customer experience making an FAQ or some way to make it easier is a good idea.

I actually contacted ooma support first and they didnt give me ANY INFO AT ALL about how to do it. So Tom, the solution you gave to call support didnt help me. Please publish the procedure here. People will find it and it will be so much easier. I am not leaving ooma I am simply retrieving my old mobile phone number. please please

Rebecca

tango21

Post by tango21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:12 am

This is exhausting!
I am also trying to port my number out, it's been a month now...
I have read many posts all over and tried every conceivable way:
My name
My address
This has been changed to what seems to be the correct info of
Ooma Inc
1880 Embarcadero Rd
Now it keeps getting rejected because of the "Famous Pin"
Well we've tried:
Handset Pin (from oom web portal): No Go
Account Password: (never understood why we would have to give this out) No Go
and finally: No Pin, Blank: No Go!

Can someone please help!!!

sector001

Post by sector001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm

I was able to successfully port out my ooma number to my cell, using the first post method:

name: OOMA INC.
account number: 1 + my phone number
PIN: blank

I too was running into a brick wall first few times, after reading these posts i was successful in porting it out.

python99

Post by python99 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:22 pm

I just successfully ported out to AT&T

I used this information:

first name: OOMA last name: INC.
account number: 1 + my phone number (including area code)
PIN: (blank no number or words)

Initially, the AT&T port status said rejected...I had to get AT&T porting team on phone. The pin seemed to be the problem but not exactly sure. AT&T put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and said ok port request was accepted by OOMA. The port was scheduled for 5 days later @ 9:00 pm. Like clockwork 5 days later at 9:00 pm I got an email notice from AT&T that the port was complete and to turn my cell phone off and on again. Viola port was successful and I now ring on my cell phone with my old OOMA number. Note that the ported number still shows up on my Ooma preferences under numbers, not sure when or if that will go away. Guess what my next step is? hehhe

ron_geis

Post by ron_geis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:24 am

I have also been trying to port my Ooma number out of Ooma to a cell provider for about a MONTH now. I am going to try using Ooma's address as described above and report back. Ooma said I should use my own address, but now I stumbled upon this information. I will let you know how it goes...

macbeach

Post by macbeach » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Having tried everything else I'm now trying the Ooma street address. This is stupid.

I'm not cancelling my account... just porting out a second number that I don't need.

This shouldn't be so hard!