Telo Air2 and HD3

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
WayfarerII
Telo Air2 and HD3

Post by WayfarerII » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 pm

All,
I'm interested in the new 2018 wave of OOMA hardware but I am hard pressed to find any meaningful documentation on the Telo Air2 or HD3 online. Harder still is actually trying to purchase the Telo Air2 from OOMA.COM or MY.OOMA.COM..I assume this is because the hardware is still in limited release. If anyone can point me to manuals/support documentation for these devices or already have them and can help with these questions, I'd appreciate it.

Telo Air2:
1. What are the main differences in hardware vs the Telo 2 (not withstanding the integration of wireless and bluetooth onboard vs the USB old dongle).
2. What wireless standards does the new integrated wireless radio support eg 802.11N or AC...2.4 or 2.4 and 5 GHZ?
3. Have the ethernet ports been upgraded to gigabit speed?
4. Does the hub now support more than 4 DECT 6 clients?
5. Has line 1 and 2 ports been re-introduced or is a LINX still required to physically access line 2 (vs access from a HD2/3 or **1 on regular phone?)

HD3:
1. Has the screen brightness/contrast been improved?
2. Has the default color scheme been improved to address readability issues?
3. Does the speakerphone quality remain consistent at higher volumes? *HD2 had issues with garbled audio at medium to high volume
4. Is the keypad backlit?

Thanks!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Telo Air2 and HD3

Post by Tom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm

At selected Costco stores the TeloAi2 and HD3 are available in a deeply discounted bundle.

Arizona: Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale
California: Burbank, Fremont, Huntington Beach, Irvine, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Torrance
Texas: Austin, Frisco, Houston, Katy, Sugar Land
Washington Redmond, Seattle, Shoreline, Tukwila, Vancouver

TeloAir2
1. besides that the cpu is faster
2. adds supports for 802.11ac (so 5 GHz) (802.11n is already supported)
3. no
4. no
5. whichever device goes offhook first gets line 1

HD3
1. similar to HD2
2. same as HD2
3. yes
4. no

peridoc

Post by peridoc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:44 am

What I am curious about is this:

1. Is the new TeloAi2 required for the HD3 to work or can you use the HD3 with the previous Telo? (i.e. do I have to buy the new Telo to use the HD3?)
2. Is there any call quality increase from using the HD3 as opposed to the HD2 (with the previous OR new Telo)? Do you have the have the new Telo in order for any gains in call quality to be had (if there are any)?

Thank you!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:56 am

1. HD3 is supported on Telo2 and TeloAir2, but not on Telo1 (the one with touch panel).
2. I was involved with HD2 but not as much with HD3 but my impression is that mic/earpiece on HD3 are better

If you try to pair an HD3 with Telo1 an informational message will pop up on the screen.

Known bug with HD3 currently is that sometimes the upgrade enters slow mode. If the percentage counter takes longer than 5 sec to increment then lift a battery to power cycle it.

WayfarerII

Post by WayfarerII » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks for the info Tom.

Since the Costco bundle is in limited west coast stores, I called Redmond, WA and got the SKU for the 99.00 Telo Air2/HD3 bundle: 1217850

They were unable to tell when the item would release to the east coast Costco stores (Northern VA for me). Do you have insight into expanded channel availability?

Also, I asked your social marketing team via social@ooma.com the following that was referred to support but without follow up:

1. Can the balance of an extended and unused hardware warranty be ported from an existing Telo 2 to the new Telo Air2? Mine expires in 2020.

2. Are there any OOMA direct incentives for users upgrading hardware? In my case upgrading from the original Telo 2/HD2 Costco bundle to the new Telo Air2/HD3 bundle?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:36 am

Depends on sales. As for your other questions please call sales.

jamiebc

Re: Telo Air2 and HD3 specs

Post by jamiebc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 pm

And is the Telo Air 2 onboard BT, Bluetooth 5.x (for longer range)?

rosaraiya

Re: Telo Air2 and HD3 Vs Telo Air and HD3

Post by rosaraiya » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

How can you find out what unit do I have, i.e Telo Air or Telo Air 2?
What is the difference between Telo Air and Telo Air 2?
Which is a newer model?

Thanks