Ooma still charging after a year

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ItsTimeToStop
Ooma still charging after a year

Post by ItsTimeToStop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Please stop charging me. My account is supposed to be cancelled last February yet I'm still getting charged on my account.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma still charging after a year

Post by Tom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Support sent an email at that time asking to contact them if you wished to proceed with the cancel. In any case canceled your account now.

bgage2000

Post by bgage2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 am

Yep, I cancelled October 2016 and they are still trying to charge me. Won't stop. I have to call every month and ask for a refund. Ooma Office is completely disreputable! I've called, I've been nice, I've been angry, I've insisted to they stop and they just won't. Looks like I'm going to have to call the California Attorney General! Absolutely infuriating!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 am

account canceled

bgage2000

Post by bgage2000 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi Tom,
Thanks, I wish I would have posted here a long time ago. Why is it that the Ooma Office phone support won't do this for us? Each time they promised this would be the last time, yet it just continued and continued.

Thanks again,
Bruce

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Many credit card companies have virtual credit cards that you can use for a one time purchase. The can be any amount or just open like your regular credit card.

Just make a virtual credit card with $1.00. Post that credit card number on your OOMA account. They can't charge the monthly.

I have done this with other vendors that refuse to cancel accounts. Just last week was with "MOVIEPASS". They would not cancel and tried to charge the card. The sent email that because they could not charge my card account has been canceled.

Asked once to cancel....they did not do it, so I did it at my end.

Problem solved!!!
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

DoubleBilled

Post by DoubleBilled » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Is anyone else getting double billed each month? ... and being insulted by Ooma repas because they won't look past our account number? Every month we are being billed twice from Ooma. When they refused to look beyond our account to see if another account was being charged to our payment method, we removed that credit card from Ooma's and replaced it with another source. So, now BOTH cards are being charged and they say only 1 is. They do not seem interested in researching why we are being billed twice each month,

Anyone else dealing with this headache!?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 pm

your ticket is 180417-000807

jazzycat

Post by jazzycat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't know if this'll help now, but if you can still get into the account for that number, just go in and delete all the CC/bank information so they can't charge it. If that doesn't work, get a new card. Sometimes that's the only solution for companies that do this. Never link a bank account. Link to a card.

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

I recently discovered privacy.com, which lets you generate a unique credit card number for each merchant and can specify a limit or make it a one-shot. You can also disable the card if need be. The money is taken from a checking account, so it's not exactly like a credit card, but it can be handy for vendors you don't trust to misbill you.

Sadly, I doubt that removing card info from your account will have any effect.
Steve