Incoming ooma calls won't stop ringing on cell.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
TheOldGrouch
Incoming ooma calls won't stop ringing on cell.

Post by TheOldGrouch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 am

I have (now had) my incoming calls set to ring my cell, but when a call comes in and I decide not to answer it, primarily because I notice that it's a scammer calling, the cell just keeps right on ringing once the scammer hangs up. To make matters worse, I then can't just answer the call to shut it up. It just won't let me. Only way to stop the ringing is to restart the phone. Any one else ever have this problem? I've since disabled ooma until I can get this issue sorted out.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Incoming ooma calls won't stop ringing on cell.

Post by Tom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:36 am

ringing the mobile app or your cell number?

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:08 pm

It's ringing on my cell which has the ooma app on it. Once I went into settings and set it to stop accepting ooma inbound calls the issue went away, so obviously it was an issue with the app.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

ripmcmanus

Post by ripmcmanus » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 am

This just happened to me. The phone kept ringing for several minutes, displaying an obvious scammer phone number (14 digits starting with 355). I had to restart the phone to make it stop. It left no record of the call in the Ooma app or in my iPhone's telephone app. In searching the forum and on Google, I have found no answer as to why this occurs or how to stop it. Any updates?

Quick update from me. The following morning when I checked my call logs, the number was there. But it had to be at least an hour after I rebooted my phone, as I had checked it before going to be that night and it still wasn't there. Meanwhile, I've disabled ringing my cell phone when the Ooma number rings. It's a potentially nice feature, but I don't really ever want to have this problem again.
Last edited by ripmcmanus on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 9058204478 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 am

The same thing happens to me in iPadOS. The call keeps ringing indefinitely. To stop the ringing I have to decline the call in the notification.

Cheers
Frank