What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
garfau88
What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Post by garfau88 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:25 am

Free Carrier Lookup lists Choice One Communications as the carrier if this make a difference.
I am on my 2nd week trying to port my Ooma number to t mobile.
T Mobile said it was rejected for incorrect account number.
They used my 10 digit phone number and resubmitted it with 1+10 digit phone number.
After researching this problem I told them to use the following info on 5/7 as it was reported to have worked.

Name- Ooma Inc.

account #- 1+AC+Number

address-1880 Embarcadero Rd. Palo Alto, CA 94303

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct information for the port?

garfau88

Re: What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Post by garfau88 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Well I just got a call from T Mobile that the account number is incorrect.
Very frustrated!

python99

Post by python99 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

I just successfully ported out to AT&T

I used this information:

first name: OOMA last name: INC.
account number: 1 + my phone number (including area code)
PIN: (blank no number or words)
Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303

Initially, the AT&T port status said rejected...I had to get AT&T porting team on phone. The pin seemed to be the problem but not exactly sure. AT&T put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and said ok port request was accepted by OOMA. The port was scheduled for 5 days later @ 9:00 pm. Like clockwork 5 days later at 9:00 pm I got an email notice from AT&T that the port was complete and to turn my cell phone off and on again. Viola port was successful and I now ring on my cell phone with my old OOMA number. Note that the ported number still shows up on my Ooma preferences under numbers, not sure when or if that will go away. Guess what my next step is? hehhe

garfau88

Post by garfau88 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:22 pm

I logged into my ooma account and choose the support tab and the chatted with support.
I requested a copy of my customer service record.
I got an email with my account info a few hours latter.

Time to start the port process again with the new info.

e.h.

Post by e.h. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Did you get it done eventually? Now I am in the same situation, hope I can get some advice here.

e.h.

Post by e.h. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:26 pm

FOLLOW UP UPDATE: Called TMobile last Sunday, and they initiated the porting process. It seems the guy worked in TMobile knew which information necessary to port away from OOMA. I just mentioned to him the name may be OOMA INC, and the address may be OOMA's company address 1880 Embarcadero ..... It takes two to three days for OOMA to release the number. Today, I am able to call through TMobile's network, but incoming calls still go to OOMA. This may take two to three weeks to settle down, which is OK to me.

django.stone

Post by django.stone » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:17 pm

I am in this nightmare. It has been one hell of an experience.

I have tried all the following and all have failed:

1. My First Name + Last Name, Phone, 1+Phone as Account, My address
2. My First Name + Last Name, Phone, Phone as Account, My address
3. OOMA as First Name + INC. Last Name, Phone, 1+Phone as Account, Embarcadero Address
4. OOMA as First Name + INC. Last Name, Phone, Phone as Account, Embarcadero Address

PIN might be the issue. Ooma support on chat is clueless. On Phone is pathetic.

They have me these emails and all of them are non responsive or take more than a day to respond.

Support@oomacare.com,
loa@ooma.com,
loa@oomacare.com,
lnp@inteliquent.com

Please help fellow sufferers.

cdr1

Post by cdr1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:01 am

I've been trying to port my ooma number to Ultra mobile all week. I get to enter my phone number, account number, pin and zip code. Ooma support says my account number is the phone number preceded by 1, the pin should be left blank, and the zip code is for the address with my account. I get the message back from the website saying:

"The information provided is not consistent with your previous carriers records. Please check with them and try again."

On an online chat with the ooma support, they said use 0000 for the pin. This did not work. As the replies in this post suggest using Ooma's address, I tried using 94303 as the zip. No luck.

Ooma support keeps giving me the same info and says they can't do anything more, Ultra Mobile support keeps repeating the information I've given is not correct.... The last Ultra Mobile support person, said you will just have to get a new number.

If anyone has actually transferred to Ultra Mobile, I'd be interested to know how they did it. Otherwise let this be a warning to those that are trying to do this.

WebEnabledServices

Post by WebEnabledServices » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am

Having the same exact issue, porting from OOMA to Ultra (mint mobile).
Info provided my OOMA is rejected by OOMA when doing the port.

I only need, phone number, acct#, PIN, and zip code.

i tried variations on the account number with and without leading 1, and my zip vs. ooma zip.
The only other issue is that OOMA keeps saying that they don't require a PIN whereas Ultra does. So I used 0000 with all above variations. I've even randomly tried 9999.

Mint and OOMA both keep repeating the same info, beyond frustrated.

Regards,
W.E.S.

Storie

Post by Storie » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:10 am

Were you able to resolve this and get ported?