What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ebs
Re: What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Post by ebs » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am

Just got a successful port from Ooma (December 17, 2019).
Originally, being a cheapo, I chose Ultra Mobile (a.k.a. T-Mobile Pay Go). I can't resist the promise of just paying $15 to get temporary phone number before going to Google voice … sigh...
But as the others had pointed out: Ultra Mobile did require PIN, which Ooma do not have.
So that's one of the worse way of spending $15....
So I switch to AT&T Prepaid, which promised $30++. I chose the cheapest one - 25c/min. The way it worked to me: I had to buy the SIM card kit ($5 + tax), then I have to pay $25+tax more for the minutes (100 minutes of talk/text) once the porting is successful.
And as the others had pointed out, I had to type in as follow (disregard the double quotes characters):
first name: "OOMA"
last name: "INC"
account number: "1" followed by my phone number (including area code, just the numbers)
PIN: (blank no number or words)
Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303
Once I've submitted the information, I could go to the website "att.com/port" to check the status. So once the time comes, I could call AT&T hotline (this is kind of confusing, I ended up calling 877-426-0525 from my other phone) to activate the line, adding funds (that $25 above) and here it goes … the number is completely in AT&T hand. I got my cell phone receiving call and text. I can also verify with the free carrier lookup service to confirm that yes, my number *IS* AT&T number.

rmsundaram

Post by rmsundaram » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:08 pm

I had called ultra mobile and provided my address and name ,zip but no luck ..
what is the account PIN, - ooma says no pin ,but ultra expects pin

I am not able to transfer the number from OOMA To ultra mobile.. any suggestions highly appreciated..

WebEnabledServices

Post by WebEnabledServices » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:53 am

Sadly no luck, I gave up to keep my sanity.
At this point, I've kept my Ooma service and activated my Mint service with a new number.

My friend has had success porting Ooma to Visibile, will try that after my 6 months with Mint are up.

Good luck!

W.E.S.

stan bangtan

Post by stan bangtan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 pm

For what it's worth, I just ported out (January 17, 2020) and want to share the details in case it's helpful to anyone else. I've been an Ooma customer since early 2017 and ported out to T-Mobile postpaid. I gave T-Mobile (via their Twitter support team) the instructions listed upthread:

first name: OOMA
last name: INC
account number: 1 followed by my phone number (including area code, just the numbers)
PIN: (blank no number or words - T-Mobile rep said there should be a PIN, but I insisted no PIN)
Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303

The entire process took 7 minutes from port request submission to being notified that the number had been successfully transferred. If it makes a difference, this was an Ooma-original number (I didn't port it in from elsewhere).

dud3r89

Post by dud3r89 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am

READ ME CURRENT TROUBLESHOOTER!!!

TLDR; include the country code and use 0000 as PIN

I was able to port my number to Google Fi using my actual name and address, the number (with the 1 included) and 0000 as the PIN as of March 2020.

Hope this helps someone!

macribas

Post by macribas » Wed May 06, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks dud3r89 but I’m still dead in the water. I’ve been trying to do this (port to Google Fi) for 2 months, and no luck. I followed your instructions and just got the dreaded “Couldn’t transfer your number”.
dud3r89 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am

READ ME CURRENT TROUBLESHOOTER!!!

TLDR; include the country code and use 0000 as PIN

I was able to port my number to Google Fi using my actual name and address, the number (with the 1 included) and 0000 as the PIN as of March 2020.

Hope this helps someone!

Post by 2566861546 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 am

Just ported to T-Mobile

1 area code phone number

Pin 0000

Done in 2 hrs

oomafrog

Post by oomafrog » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 am

After a few weeks of persistence, I finally was able to get my Ooma number ported to Google Fi.
The automated porting did not work for me.
I got on chat with Fi, and gave them my information, Account Number as 1+(phone number), My Name, My Service Address, no PIN. I didn't use the Ooma company name and address as some people used before.
Then, I emailed porting support for Ooma loa@ooma.com. Let them know that I'm porting out of Ooma to google Fi. Somehow, having the 2 activities occurring simultaneously managed to get the port to succeed.
Afterwards, I received an email from Ooma letting me know that my number had been ported out and asked what I wanted to do with my account.
Super happy finally. :D :D :D

NCBob

Post by NCBob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:02 am

After several weeks of frustration I have succeeded in porting my number from Ooma to Ting. Without going into excruciating detail, I can tell what finally worked (and it wasn't playing with addresses, etc.)

Ooma kept telling me that they weren't ever getting the port out request but Ting kept getting rejection emails. A forum search lead me to search for who actually held my number (using FreeCarrierLookup.com, among others). Turns out, Ooma didn't hold my number, Inteliquent did. Inteliquent also shows up in searches as Onvoy LLC and Neural Tandem. When I called Inteliquent they refused to talk to me as I wasn't their customer, Ooma was.

Many emails later, Ooma porting support told me:
Onvoy LLC (Inteliquent) is our third party carrier. LSR or the port out request should be submitted to them.

We used to provide Ooma information as the needed information to port out the phone number but it has been changed already to the customer account information.

If Ting still having an issue they reach out to our carrier at portout@inteliquent.com.

After Ting did that, things went smoothly. So the moral of the story is find out who actually owns your number and work with them (after getting Ooma to tell you how to reach them.

WebEnabledServices

Post by WebEnabledServices » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am

As a follow up to anyone who may be interested, I was able to port my number into Visible without any problems whatsoever. For whatever the reason hangup for me was between Mint and OOMA.