What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Dev_Company
Re: What info is needed for porting a number away from Ooma?

Post by Dev_Company » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:39 am

I just successfully ported out of OOMA to Boost Mobile
Here is what I used on June 10th 2022 and Transfer was almost instantaneous. few min while I waited with the rep.
-----------------------------
First Name: [Use your own name]
Last Name: [Use your own last name]
Account Numer: [1+ your Full phone Number] example: 12135551212
PIN: [0000] - Leave blank if possible, but if it won't let you continue then use 0000
Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303
------------------------------
OOMA Porting Department: 888-711-662, Option 3
------------------------------
All Phone Numbers in OOMA are handled by a Carrier called: Onvoy, LLC

kc27

Post by kc27 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:55 pm

It is odd that the Palo Alto address works for some, but not for others. When I used the address below this week, the port was rejected by Ooma. I had to use the service address as listed under the Account tab on the my.ooma.com site.

Address: 1880 Embarcadero Rd
City: Palo Alto
State: CA
Zip: 94303

Stinedurf

Post by Stinedurf » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:10 pm

I have been trying for several weeks now. This is probably the most frustration I have ever had with any company’s support team. Chat and voice support has been useless. They just say things like “we don’t see any request, have the carrier try again.” Sometimes I get “I’ve escalated this, you should hear from us in 24 to 48 hours.” Maybe they meant 24 to 48 days?

TheNas

Post by TheNas » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:18 am

Since there is all kinds of information in this thread, and people seem to still be searching for answers, I'll put this in so it may be helpful for someone along the way.

I just got a notification that my port was successful. Took about 5 days. I was porting to Tello (eventually want to port to GV, but they will only allow port-ins from mobile numbers). Tello initially rejected it when I put in the Palo Alto address.

Following is the exact format of info I used:

First Name: [Use name exactly as it shows in your Ooma profile]
Last Name: [Same as above]
Account Numer: [1+ your Full phone Number] example: 12135551212
PIN: 0000
Address: Use the address that you have in your Ooma account profile

Hope this helps someone.

butlersw3

Post by butlersw3 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 am

Relaying my experience in case this helps someone else. Paying forward the value information I found on this board.

I just completed (2/7) a port of my Ooma number to T-Mobile Prepaid service so that I can further port to Google Voice and keep a very infrequently used number.

Here is the successful port request information that I provided to T-Mobile:
* First Name = [Ooma Profile First Name]
* Last Name = [Ooma Profile Last Name]
* Account Number = 1 + [Ooma Phone Number]
* PIN = 0000
* Address = [Ooma Service Address]
(I tried the Palo Alto address first, but it failed)

I don't know if this was necessary, but I also opened up a ticket with Ooma chat support to send me my Customer Service Record and let them know I was porting my number. I received an email response about 24 hours later with the information and a ticket number. After T-Mobile sent the porting request, I received another email about 24 hours later (same ticket number) confirming they had received the request and that it was approved.

From the time I received the approval email from Ooma support, it took about 4 days to complete the port.

gardner

Post by gardner » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! This worked for us porting from Ooma to Tmobile. The Palo Alto address no longer suffices. Use your service address with the pin 0000. Glad this was not a months-long process. Thanks for sharing.