Software update==3+ hours and it is still waiting!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Erich
Software update==3+ hours and it is still waiting!

Post by Erich » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 am

HD3 handset advised me to place it on its charger due to a software update. That was between 9 and 10pm on 9.August. Once on the charger, the message changed to "Upgrading. Please wait. Waiting to start". It is now 1:00am on 10. August and the message is the same--either this is an extremely massive update, or , as I suspect, nothing is happening. I can't find anyway to force the update to start, and the handset gives me the charger/software update message if I take it off the charger. My other telephones work although I see that I missed a call while this update was supposed to be taking place.
Is there a secret to having this load? The initial update (around a month or so when I first purchased the telo air 2 only took maybe 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.
Please advise

murphy

Re: Software update==3+ hours and it is still waiting!

Post by murphy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:24 am

Do you have more than one handset or Linx? That message usually means it is waiting for a different device to complete its update. They only do one device at a time.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Erich

Post by Erich » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks--I only just saw the response. I have only the 1 handset plus the telo. After the handset showed the same message the next morning, I removed and reinstalled its batteries and it immediately started the update procedure (which took less than 6 minutes).
When in doubt, take the batteries out?
Erich

Rktung888

Post by Rktung888 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:21 am

I tried this and it did not work, neither did taking batteries out any other ideas? Thx. Stuck with upgrade, waiting start message.