No Line

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
davydude77
No Line

Post by davydude77 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:51 pm

We just moved and I got my Ooma Telo set up with my vtech cs6419 handset. I connected it yesterday, and I turned on the phone and made sure the dial tone was working, which it was. This evening when I returned home I noted the phone displays "no line" and has no dial tone. I tried restarting everything multiple times, reregistering the phone to the base, unplugging and reconnecting all connections multiple times. The Ooma displays a blue light indicating it is connected, and it will play voicemails if I call and leave one, so the internet is obviously making it all the way to the ooma, but the phone connection out from the phone port on the ooma to the phone base is not working properly. I find it hard to believe that the phone cord went bad overnight when it was working yesterday.

I have the ooma connected directly to router, which is directly connected to modem on cable internet connection. The phone cord goes directly from the ooma phone jack to the jack on the phone base.

murphy

Re: No Line

Post by murphy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:44 am

Basic troubleshooting assumes everything is bad until proven otherwise. Try a different phone cord. Check both phone jacks for bent contacts.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

davydude77

Post by davydude77 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Replaced the phone cord with no change. Still says no line on handset. Still received messages at the Telo unit.

DaleB

Post by DaleB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:37 am

Any luck with this? I have had the same problem twice now in 3 days. The first time I had to power cycle the Telo to get the line to come up again. I haven't done it this time, going to call for support unless I can find a cause.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:18 am

DaleB,

Is your Telo connected by wi-fi, or is it wired by ethernet to your modem?

Did you get a resolution?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions