Bug needs fixed! (Incompatible with Cloudflare DNS Servers)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
though
Re: Bug needs fixed! (Incompatible with Cloudflare DNS Servers)

Post by though » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:36 am

I can't say the same. Last night I set my dns servers to 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 on the router, then rebooted it and power cycled the Ooma Telo. After the Ooma booted up to blue, there was total packet loss on the network. I gave it well over 15-20 minutes to settle down and it didn't.

So i unplugged the Ooma, changed the DNS settings on the router to dnsmasq (with cloudflare's), rebooted router and powered on the Ooma. It all works now.

cdog

Post by cdog » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:26 am

Upvoting this. I noticed the same issue as soon as I set the DNS on my router to CloudFlare. As soon as I set to Google or my ISP, it was fine.

though

Post by though » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:30 am

cdog wrote:Upvoting this. I noticed the same issue as soon as I set the DNS on my router to CloudFlare. As soon as I set to Google or my ISP, it was fine.
Unbelievable this isn't fixed yet

BlueBuddha

Post by BlueBuddha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:15 am

Same issue here. I use a Pi-hole for DNS and had Cloudflare DNS set as the upstream. This worked fine for weeks, then suddenly my whole network crashed - hard. I couldn't even get to my modem & router config or log pages, which tipped me off that the enemy was within, so to speak. I was able to get to my Pi-Hole logs, which showed the following:

1.ooma.pool.ntp.org 75281
0.ooma.pool.ntp.org 69136
2.ooma.pool.ntp.org 65854
3.ooma.pool.ntp.org 60978

Mind you, this was less than 5 minutes of data, and these were not blocked by the Pi-hole nor anything else. Over a QUARTER MILLION hits in less than 5 minutes - for time servers?. I took the Ooma offline and everything returned to normal, then I came here. After switching my upstream DNS to Google everything was fine, however, any choice of upstream DNS provider (Cloudflare, Comodo, Norton) besides Google results in this behavior. Please fix this.

"Use our preferred DNS provider or we'll turn your home into an internet black hole" doesn't seem like an ideal marketing message to users concerned about privacy, reliability, and security.

though

Post by though » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 am

Following up... has anyone tried to see if the latest firmware, 376877, has the Cloudflare DNS fix???

@Tom can you chime in on why a fix is not being pushed?

Thanks

tolunay

Post by tolunay » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:44 pm

I got my Ooma December 2018. Not knowing that Ooma had issue with Cloudfare's Public DNS service (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) I had temporarily solved this issue by placing Ooma in front of my firewall/router but here it is causing significant slowdown on my Internet service and Ooma is also occasionally locking up requiring a reboot too. Thankfully I found this thread. I also located another similar elsewhere:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRoute ... -p/2302248

Obviously, Ooma Engineering and Support does not understand the problem. This is an important bug and Cloudfare 1.1.1.1 is a legitimate service.

Here is an article at Cloudfare about all networks/devices that abused 1.1.1.1 address.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/fixing-reac ... -globally/

If Ooma at least had mentioned in the FAQ that 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 does not work with their device it would solve a lot of problems.

There is another issue besides 1.1.1.1. When it discovers this address then it starts querying Google DNS servers in a loop without any delay between queries and soon it fills up the flow tables of the router device causing internet connectivity issues. There are many people reporting similar issues.

This is definitely Ooma Telo firmware bug!

I am really disappointed that this problem has been around so long and not fixed!

jjlink

Post by jjlink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 am

One of my two Ooma Telos floods my local DNS server every time I boot the Telo up. Please fix this bug!

+1 for dns fix

DevEng

Post by DevEng » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:24 pm

I attempted to update all devices here.
Two devices happened to be offline.
one device is a "Telo One" and update is unavailable.

JDW = offline
BlueBuddha = offline
though = updated.
cdog = updated.
tolunay = updated.
jjlink = Telo one update unavailable.

shushil1kumar2

Post by shushil1kumar2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:51 am

Cloudflare is doing a great job by providing SSL for free. If you are looking for best Social Media Optimisation service visit SMO Service in Australia.

andyross

Post by andyross » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:31 am

It appears Ooma has fixed this in the 425056 release. Unfortunately, it seems as if it takes 2-3 months for these updates to roll out to all users.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23390