Double NAT

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
will5234
Double NAT

Post by will5234 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 am

I just got a OOMA TELO a older model my first post here so go easy!

Question 1. Is there a way that if I directly connect hardlined Ooma Base station to modem then to my PC can I login to firmware and adjust settings such as NAT??

https://192.168.1.1

(basically what im asking does Ooma Base sation act like a Router....?)

Question 2. Does my Ooma telo have to DIRECT connected to modem with 0 protection I USE a VPN wired firewall that cost around 150-300$ and it would not work when I attempted to connect modem to my external NetGear Prosafe firewall VPN router then Port 1 to Ooma Telo then ran Port 2 on Ooma Telo to my NetGear NightHawk for WiFi none of it worked! so im thinking there is a way to login to firmware to adjust settings for people that work in high secure facilitys that requre VPN's and SSL .

3rd Question. I purchased this Ooma Telo 2nd hand it has issues with button on top and when I login to my new account (I never been a member before) it says I have a 1 year warranty when I contacted Ooma they told me "SORRY WERE NOT GOING TO HELP YOU UNLESS YOU BOUGHT FROM OUR SITE" I found that highly odd because they were offering to sell me extended warranty on a product that i cannot even get a warranty on......... So if someone knows TERMS OF SERVICE for warranty I would like to read and get my device repaired instead of spending 199$+-

Thanks Guys n Gals

-Will

PS excuse typos did this from my phone

murphy

Re: Double NAT

Post by murphy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 am

1. Yes the Telo is a router.
The IP address is 172.27,35.1

2. Put your protection after the Telo. It uses it's own vpn to connect to the Ooma server. Running a vpn through another vpn is unlikely to work.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms/
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx