OOMA calls relayed to cell phone.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
BUCK411
OOMA calls relayed to cell phone.

Post by BUCK411 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Why am I asked to enter the number one in order to receive a call from my home phone? This NEVER happened before, and it is causing missed calls. How do I turn it off ? If I cannot turn it off, I will get rid of Ooma.

TonyW

Re: OOMA calls relayed to cell phone.

Post by TonyW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Any chance you've got this checked? Sounds like it's only doing what it's configured to do.

https://support.ooma.com/home/call-forw ... multiring/

What is the “Require key press before answering forwarded calls” option?

The “Require key press before answering forwarded calls” option gives you an added level of flexibility when ringing an external phone number like a cell. When this option is enabled and you answer a forwarded call on an external number, you won’t be connected to the caller until you answer the phone AND press “1” on your phone’s keypad. In other words, this option ensures that your other devices can still ring if your cell phone has been turned off or is out of its service area.

You can find this option by clicking on the settings 'cog' icon.

BUCK411

Post by BUCK411 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:46 pm

I have used this feature for years, and never had "THE VOICE". I WILL CHECK FOR THE CHECKMARK. IF IT IS ON, I NEVER TURNED IT ON. I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING FOR OVER 5 YEARS!
THANKS! EXCUSE CAPS, I HAVE FAT FINGERS

BUCK411

Post by BUCK411 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm

WOW! That was it!, How did it turn itself on? I set and forget, and never reset unless there is a problem.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Fat fingers? :D