Ooma Core service on Telo

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
csriram45
Ooma Core service on Telo

Post by csriram45 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm

I have the original Telo with no taxes and fee service. Lately my tell device has been acting weird (keep saying registration code enabled and paging service enabled etc). I had called Ooma support and they told me if I can find an old device that had the similar no taxes service that is no longer used I can swap the device and continue my core service. I called today to do that and I am told that I cannot do that and that old core will not persist.

This makes no sense. My question

1. Is there a quick fix on the telo device as the device shows its online but just keeps announcing?
2. Is there a way to swap to a old working hub or telo?

Thank you

murphy

Re: Ooma Core service on Telo

Post by murphy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Clean the surface of the Telo especially in the upper right corner. Something is activating that key. Do you by any chance have a cat that likes warm places?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

csriram45

Post by csriram45 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:29 pm

No I have no cat and I don't think there is anything pressing it. The surface is not bad but I can try to wipe it with baby wipes...

Also note even though Ooma service shows online and thats how CSR sees it and i get dial tone. When trying to make call it does not go through. I was able to use the mobile app though..

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 am

Make sure the phone is set for touchtone dialing. Pulse dialing is not supported.
If you have not set your online account to enable 10 digit dialing you must dial 11 digits (1 + area code + number).

csriram45

Post by csriram45 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 am

Yeah, the phone and Telo used to work fine and then suddenly the random messages started to come. Which is the reason I had called and after troubleshooting they asked me to find another Telo... I also have a hub. Should I be able to transfer to a hub?

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm

I would be surprised if they would let you switch to a hub. They stopped updating the hub a long time ago. I imagine they would like to shut the hub server down. They had a deal few years ago that allowed me to switch from a hub to a Telo 2 and keep my lifetime service.

csriram45

Post by csriram45 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:41 am

Yeah.. I am not sure If I oversaw it or ignored as I was already on Telo. I mean it ran for 3 more years from the time. The hub seems to be built like a tank and works well. It was better than Telo in so many ways... Also it was the Ooma CSR that suggested a Telo or Hub to transfer to... Now they say differently..