HD3 in constant erase cycle--SOLVED

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ETLA48
HD3 in constant erase cycle--SOLVED

Post by ETLA48 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am

I just purchased the Ooma Telo Air from Costco and the wired phone works well. However, the HD3 will not work.

I successfully paired the HD3; it then said it needed a software upgrade; it went through the erasing process and then downloaded the software.

The software download paused at 71% completed and never moved ahead, even after hours of waiting.

I removed and replaced the batteries and unplugged and replugged the HD3 cradle. The HD3 went into the erasing process and did it over and over and over again.

I removed the batteries overnight; trying again and nothing has changed: just the erasing process continually, never advancing to downloading the software.

UPDATE:
What I hadn't done was recycle the Ooma base station; I unplugged and replugged the base station, and then the HD3 successfully upgraded.

LkMtka

Re: HD3 in constant erase cycle--SOLVED

Post by LkMtka » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:21 am

I had the same issue with both the HD3 handset and DP1 desk phone. Both devices were stuck in a software update process after 12 hours. Cycling the power on the Ooma base station did the trick. After the base station reconnected to the network, the phones both quickly completed the update process. Both devices are working as expected with no issues.

flcitizen

Re: HD3 in constant erase cycle--SOLVED

Post by flcitizen » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Recycling the base worked for me, too. I was setting up the Telo Air 2 and HD3 handsets for the first time. One of the handsets got stuck in an endless repetition of erasing the software without then installing new software. Removing and replacing the batteries for the phone didn't work. Unplugging and then rebooting the base unit did the trick; the phone proceeded to do one erase cycle and then install the new software, and worked fine after that.