Contacting Porting Staff - support gave incorrect info

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dlw
Contacting Porting Staff - support gave incorrect info

Post by dlw » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

How do I contact Porting staff? I requested a number porting last week and they took the info over the phone because the online form refused to allow me to enter the info exactly as stated on the other account.

Today I received Ooma email confirming portal request with request form attached and told to contact immediately if errors by calling the Ooma support #, so I did. That person on the phone told me to reply to the email, so I did. Now the email was returned as it was a 'no-reply' address. How am I supposed to get the information to them?? Is there not a number specific to Porting staff rather than the general support line?

My success rate calling in so far is 0! I gave the correct info over the phone last week but that is not what is reflected on this request form. I really would like to send them the service statement from the other account so they can enter info exact, if I had been able to complete the request online I understand that opportunity would have come but this way I have no way to do this. Please advise how to proceed, this is time sensitive as the other account is going to expire or have to be renewed in 4-6 weeks so I need the porting done ASAP.

murphy

Re: Contacting Porting Staff - support gave incorrect info

Post by murphy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 pm

In 2009 it was:

Got questions? Feel free to contact our customer support team by visiting our support page at ooma.com/support, or by calling our porting support line at 1-866-452-6662.

The email was loa@ooma.com

I have no idea if it has changed in the last 10 years.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx