Cannot Cancel Ooma Account

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Protozoan77
Cannot Cancel Ooma Account

Post by Protozoan77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:06 am

I have requested to have my account canceled 2 YEARS AGO but my card still has been charged. A few months ago I wrote letter to Customer Service but still my account has not been canceled.

It is very hard to get through the Customer Service on the phone (I don't have forever to stay on line!), and I am wondering how I can get my account canceled and get refunds of all the money I have paid without going through legal process.

I have seen that some other people have difficulties canceling the account... This is getting ridiculous.

focuspuller

Re: Cannot Cancel Ooma Account

Post by focuspuller » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm

Many credit card companies have virtual credit cards that are used once.

I did this with MoviePass. They would not cancel my account. I went online to my credit card account and made a virtual card for $1.00. Put that card number in my MoviePass account. When they tried to charge the card for monthly amount it bounced. They kept trying and emailing me. Never responded to them. In the end they emailed that my account was canceled.

Do the same with OOMA. Get a virtual card for $1.00, update your credit card info, and see OOMA cancel your account.
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo