Ooma home service is down

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tripletdad99
Ooma home service is down

Post by tripletdad99 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:05 am

The status topic and twitter page are useless. No outage or issues for years? I don't believe that.

Our service, as well as my Mom's across town, are both down. The Ooma logo on the telo boxes is flashing RED.

murphy

Re: Ooma home service is down

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am

Both of my Telos are working fine.
Have you checked the status of your internet service?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

larryk

Post by larryk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 am

Mine was down last night, it went down at about 10:10pm (PST). The logo was just red flashing, I waited about 10 - 15 minutes and it did not come back automatically so I just pulled the power to reboot it. It seemed like a long reboot, but it came back up to an alternately flashing red then blue logo, but everything worked. I checked later and it was solid blue.
My Internet connection was solid, as I was streaming Amazon Prime during this time (not unusual).
A problem on their end?

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:09 am

We have two Oomas, one in New England and one in the Pacific Northwest with different internet service providers. Both have been completely down for two days after periods of intermittent service outages over the past month.

Update: The New England phone came back online. I at last was able to reach tech support, and the issue was a firewall incompatibility with our Centurylink router. Service was restored by turning off one of the firewall settings on the modem/router, and things look OK for now at least.